Canadian Disney Gift Cards

They did a system update around the end of August, when that happened it messed up the systems at the Disney Stores in the states. In terms of at DW, I was able to use them at the resort by them inputting it as a email/electronic gift card.

Does anyone have an update on how Canadian gift cards are working at the resorts?

I bought two $400 cards at Shoppers Drug Mart yesterday and was able to add them to the disney gift card website. I was able to combine the balance of both CAD cards online, but I was not able to transfer the balance to my primary USD gift card.

Is anyone having issues using these CAD cards to pay for resort stays? How about using them in the parks?

Does anyone have an update on how Canadian gift cards are working at the resorts?

I bought two $400 cards at Shoppers Drug Mart yesterday and was able to add them to the disney gift card website. I was able to combine the balance of both CAD cards online, but I was not able to transfer the balance to my primary USD gift card.

Is anyone having issues using these CAD cards to pay for resort stays? How about using them in the parks?

I am very interested in knowing others thoughts and experiences with this as well.

We have a trip coming up in a month and I was looking at this as an option for paying for our meals.

Anybody have any recent knowledge to share?

We used them at the resort a month ago to pay our shopping bill. It didn't work when scanning them, I believe they inputted them as an e-gift card typing in the numbers.

We are at WDW right now.

I called the day before our arrival date and it was no problem for the CM to apply the Canadian gift cards to our reservation over the phone.

My daughter used the Canadian gift cards at the resort for her room and as others have said, the first CM they dealt with told her it wouldn’t work and told them to call the number on the back. The CM at gift card services told her that (as the person above mentioned), they must be entered manually like an e-gift card.

Then they had to get back in line and once she told the second CM how it had to be processed, it was no problem.

We are at WDW right now.

I called the day before our arrival date and it was no problem for the CM to apply the Canadian gift cards to our reservation over the phone.

My daughter used the Canadian gift cards at the resort for her room and as others have said, the first CM they dealt with told her it wouldn’t work and told them to call the number on the back. The CM at gift card services told her that (as the person above mentioned), they must be entered manually like an e-gift card.

Then they had to get back in line and once she told the second CM how it had to be processed, it was no problem.
So good to know! I am hoping to use GCs for meals and incidentals as our package is already paid off.

Does anyone know if I can pay for tickets on the Disney website with a Canadian Disney gift card ?
I know it has a section to add a gift card on the payment screen so I’m guessing you can. I just bought a Canadian resident ticket yesterday but used a Canadian credit card so I wasn’t sure if the gift cards in CAD funds work.

Does anyone know if I can pay for tickets on the Disney website with a Canadian Disney gift card ?
I know it has a section to add a gift card on the payment screen so I’m guessing you can. I just bought a Canadian resident ticket yesterday but used a Canadian credit card so I wasn’t sure if the gift cards in CAD funds work.

I did in February. Which was a long time ago I guess :) but it worked then with no problems!

You can't add CAD cards to a USD one. They used to allow it but no more. You can use the cards anyplace that accepts a Disney gift card without any problems what so ever. I just used mine in August.

Hi. I have not had time to read all the posts yet but my family and I are planning at trip to DL in July this year and I have $320 in Disney GC to use towards the trip. I am really confused on what to do with them. We staying off site at the Kings Inn.

Should I use them on the DL website to book our park tickets (3 people park hopper for 3 days)? Then use cash and credit card in the parks for food and gifts?
OR
Should I buy my park tickets though Undercover tourist (which is a bit cheaper then going with DL directly I think) on my Visa? Then use the GC's at DL for food and gifts?

Can I use my Canadian GC in DL for food and gifts? I have been to the disneygiftcard site and if I can, combine them all to one card to use there.

Which is better option? Thanks in advance!

#1 just read the posts on this page and the previous page and you'll have a pretty good idea of what is current info on the topic. Personally I would pay for your park tickets using a CC and get them from Undercover tourist then use the GC in the parks to pay for your meals and purchases. Why pay more for the tickets than you have to.

Use the cards as they come that way you can leave some at the hotel and not be walking around with one card with $$$ on it. Just take the number of cards you think you'll need for the day when you head to the parks.

Some people have posted earlier that they had some issues with Canadian gift cards, can't find their posts. However, when they asked for a supervisor they found that the cashier had to enter the numbers manually and it was fine. This may or may not be an issue, but just in case it is.

Hi. I have not had time to read all the posts yet but my family and I are planning at trip to DL in July this year and I have $320 in Disney GC to use towards the trip. I am really confused on what to do with them. We staying off site at the Kings Inn.

Should I use them on the DL website to book our park tickets (3 people park hopper for 3 days)? Then use cash and credit card in the parks for food and gifts?
OR
Should I buy my park tickets though Undercover tourist (which is a bit cheaper then going with DL directly I think) on my Visa? Then use the GC's at DL for food and gifts?

Can I use my Canadian GC in DL for food and gifts? I have been to the disneygiftcard site and if I can, combine them all to one card to use there.

Which is better option? Thanks in advance!
I would buy tickets from UT to get the discount. Then use the GC's for your in park meals/purchases. Whether you combine them on to one card or not really comes down to personal preference. I would combine so that I only have to deal with one card but that's just me.

Hi folks.
Anyone in Atlantic Canada have any luck finding Disney gift cards here? I've had no luck in NB. This new credit card hold thing is stressing me out!

Hi folks.
Anyone in Atlantic Canada have any luck finding Disney gift cards here? I've had no luck in NB. This new credit card hold thing is stressing me out!
Hey, Im in Nova Scotia, but I find that walmarts in NB have the disney gift cards. A few months ago, I found some at Superstore, but back on a rack by the baking department, and not with the regular gift cards

Hey, Im in Nova Scotia, but I find that walmarts in NB have the disney gift cards. A few months ago, I found some at Superstore, but back on a rack by the baking department, and not with the regular gift cards
Really? Thank you. I will have to check again. I may go for a re-loadable one once we arrive at MCO or on resort property so we don't have to deal with the ridiculous exchange rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!