Canadian Disney Gift Cards

Yes, just add a US card on the Disney Gift Card site. Whenever you buy a card in CAD and want to change it over to US, it's very easy to do on the site. Each card can hold up to $999. I use this to "save" up for all the extras on our trips :)

Anyone else have success with this? Our dollar has been so bad lately that even if I see it at 1.27, I want to lock it down. The difference for a $500 gc at 1.27 and 1.3x is about $5!!

Yes, just add a US card on the Disney Gift Card site. Whenever you buy a card in CAD and want to change it over to US, it's very easy to do on the site. Each card can hold up to $999. I use this to "save" up for all the extras on our trips :)
This is a great idea! I have two gift cards in my wallet from 3 or 4 trips ago. When the kids were little I kept their giftcards for them. Each probably only has a buck or two on them, but now I can use one to start transferring money onto to lock in the rate. It's also good for setting the money aside in general so I don't dip into it for other things.

I did this, I had a $5 USD gift card I had redeemed for using movie points. I was able to transfer multiple gift cards onto it and have used it to pay for my room only reservation in April, then when I added on the dining plan, and again while at Disney. The rate was locked in as of when I transferred the CAD cards onto it. I still have $2 left on the card so I'll be adding to that over the next year in anticipation of a trip next August. Saving even a few dollars means an extra few snacks or souvenirs.

I did this as well and it worked locking in the rate. It's a great idea to not have to worry about the exchange during the trip!

Has anybody had luck in Winnipeg other than at Shoppers? I thought I saw gift cards at Superstore in February or March, but can't find them anywhere other than Shoppers now.

Thanks!

Here we have them at Rexall and Canadian Tire, maybe try there?

Has anybody had luck in Winnipeg other than at Shoppers? I thought I saw gift cards at Superstore in February or March, but can't find them anywhere other than Shoppers now.

Thanks!

The idea of transferring a Canadian gift card balance to a US gift card balance is brilliant :) I just happen to have a US gift card. I purchased a gift card while at Disney back in March. I've since used the entire gift card balance to book a room at Pop Century for August, but even though the balance on the card is currently $0, I am guessing that the card must still be reloadable.

You bet it is.

I had one that was a balance of .oo and one that had four whole cents on it.

Both were reloadable with my newly purchased Canadian Disney GC.

You bet it is.

I had one that was a balance of .oo and one that had four whole cents on it.

Both were reloadable with my newly purchased Canadian Disney GC.

Thank you for the confirmation! I'm going to start seriously looking at buying some Canadian cards and transferring over to US cards.

This is a great idea! I have two gift cards in my wallet from 3 or 4 trips ago. When the kids were little I kept their giftcards for them. Each probably only has a buck or two on them, but now I can use one to start transferring money onto to lock in the rate. It's also good for setting the money aside in general so I don't dip into it for other things.
That's what I am doing too! My kids each had one from our last trip and I am going to buy Canadian gift cards and transfer them to pay for our dining and souvenirs.:)

This morning I logged into the Disney gift card website and I've registered my US$ gift card. The balance is $0, but I had no issues with the registration. I have been browsing through the website and I don't see any easy way to add value to the gift card. I thought that I'd be able to use a credit card to add value to a card. (I was going to add $5) No worries though. I've got it set up so that when I pick up a Canadian gift card, I'll be able to make use of the transfer function.

OK. I was anxious and was itching to give the idea of purchasing a Canadian card and transferring it to a US card a try. I went out and bought a $200 Canadian gift card at Shopper's Drugmart and transferred the Canadian $200 card to my US card. Now on the Disney card site, the balance on the $US card sometimes shows as $200 and other times it shows as $155. My US gift card had a balance of $0 when I started the transfer. I clearly transferred the balance from the Canadian card to the US card. I am now puzzled as to whether my US gift card somehow got converted to a storage currency of Canadian dollars.

When I list My Cards on the Disney site, it shows the original US gift card as having a balance of $200, and my new Canadian card has a balance of $0.

When I do an inquiry on the $USD card, it shows that there is a $155 (and change) balance on the card.

My goal is to store the value in $USD and not $CAD.

EDIT: I logged out of the Disney Card site and logged back in. My card now displays as $155.22 as the value on it. I guess transferring Canadian dollars to a US card got the system a bit confused. Logging out and then back in corrected the situation. (I think)

Knowing that the exchange will fluctuate day to day, are the gift cards more economical than using a Canadian credit card? Most credit cards charge a small percentage over and above the exchange - will you save that percentage by using the CA Disney gift card instead? Anyone done the math?

Knowing that the exchange will fluctuate day to day, are the gift cards more economical than using a Canadian credit card? Most credit cards charge a small percentage over and above the exchange - will you save that percentage by using the CA Disney gift card instead? Anyone done the math?

The gift cards do not charge the extra fee that credit cards (and banks exchanging for cash) charge. So yes they will save you. Even if you don't have a USD gift card to transfer to and lock in that rate, it still saves that fee. Unless you have a credit card that does not charge that fee, however I believe they are fewer now that amazon's is gone.

EDIT: I logged out of the Disney Card site and logged back in. My card now displays as $155.22 as the value on it. I guess transferring Canadian dollars to a US card got the system a bit confused. Logging out and then back in corrected the situation. (I think)

Yes. Once you’ve logged out/in after applying the balance to an existing US card that card is now in US $$ and will remain that way.

At least that’s been my experience.

I’m torn between wanting to know exactly how much US $ I have on my GCs and not wanting to see how truly horrible our dollar is!

I just checked yesterday and my local Zehrs has $50 Disney Gift Cards so I'm going to use my PC points for those now (with qualifying $50 grocery purchase of course).

Has anyone purchased gas at Mobil? Apparently we can get PC points there now and Esso soon. :yay:

I just checked yesterday and my local Zehrs has $50 Disney Gift Cards so I'm going to use my PC points for those now (with qualifying $50 grocery purchase of course).

Has anyone purchased gas at Mobil? Apparently we can get PC points there now and Esso soon. :yay:

I have bought gas at a Mobil! You get a decent amount of points too. I’ll fill there if I’m not near a Costco. I just started collecting points in March because of this post and I have over 200,000 simply buying groceries at Shoppers! Can’t wait to spend all my free money at Disney!

Thanks!

Hello fellow Winnipeger!! In addition to Walmart on Taylor I have also had luck at Save on Foods, they were cards you load any amount from 25-500.

Odd question.... Sorry if asked before did not read through the 19 pages fully. I have 990 canadian on a gc, so around 660 762 US, it wont let me transfer any more on to it. I though the limit per card was 1000 US.

Anyone else have this issue?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter