Canadian Buffoon's Hi Low Vacation - South Central Musings

Folks?
For anyone interested,
I've started the Disneyland TR from last March
over on the Disneyland Trip Reports Forum.

It can be found at the following link:

Canadian Buffoon's Sweet 16 Celebration

l0U10F

https://goo.gl/images/l0U10F

Whoops!

Yes! It's WDW Florida that I'm heading to!
DLR won't happen again (possibly, briefly)
until April.

Not positive where I'm staying yet.
Not quite firmed up on everything yet.
But probably POP or ASMu.
Oh man! So close to overlapping. I'll be there end of October and end of November!

Two separate trips? Noice.

But sucks about missing each other!
I'm also going end of January for DD's 5th bday.

October is a solo trip. Your TRs gave me inspiration. November is with GPs and immediately family. So three trips in 4 months and they will be quite different.

Solo trip I'm going to attempt to ride all 47 rides in one day. Going to be next to impossible, but I figured I might as well try while I have nothing one else to slow me down. Haha

I'm also going end of January for DD's 5th bday.

Aww... nice. :)

October is a solo trip. Your TRs gave me inspiration. November is with GPs and immediately family. So three trips in 4 months and they will be quite different.

I imagine they would!

I inspired someone?
Usually I inspire people to
not do something....
or to do the opposite.

Solo trip I'm going to attempt to ride all 47 rides in one day.

Holy crap!!

Going to be next to impossible, but I figured I might as well try while I have nothing one else to slow me down. Haha

Dude!
Has anyone tried this before?
Is it even remotely possible????

I think this is a good challenge for you to try on your solo trip - you can give @mustinjourney some pkondz pro tips - starting with how to get the VIP bus treatment. :p
:laughing:

No... I'll let the younger folks try that.
I might even go the opposite route
and actually try to slow down!

We'll see how that works out.

Aww... nice. :)

I imagine they would!

I inspired someone?
Usually I inspire people to
not do something....
or to do the opposite.

Holy crap!!

Dude!
Has anyone tried this before?
Is it even remotely possible????

Check out the WDW47 challenge on Parkeology. Their YouTube videos are oddly captivating. It's like watching the amazing race disney style.

No one has finished the challenge since pandora opened. And no one has finished in less than 16 hour park hours.

I'm going to attempt in 13 hours. But it won't be an official attempt since splash will be closed for refurb.

I think this is a good challenge for you to try on your solo trip - you can give @mustinjourney some pkondz pro tips - starting with how to get the VIP bus treatment. :p

To make matters worse, they're stopping the actual VIP buses. I had my plans and routes all set ready to utilize the buses, and then I had to rearrange things. Might have to go bagless so I don't get stuck with the bag line.

Check out the WDW47 challenge on Parkeology. Their YouTube videos are oddly captivating. It's like watching the amazing race disney style.

I don't have the time right now.
But I'll take a peak later.

Maybe... In a week? :laughing:

No one has finished the challenge since pandora opened.

Totally not surprised.
I'm hearing 2+ hour waits.

And no one has finished in less than 16 hour park hours.

I'm going to attempt in 13 hours. But it won't be an official attempt since splash will be closed for refurb.

:faint:
<even with Splash down.>

To make matters worse, they're stopping the actual VIP buses. I had my plans and routes all set ready to utilize the buses, and then I had to rearrange things. Might have to go bagless so I don't get stuck with the bag line.

Yeah. Shame that.
But maybe that's cheating?

Might have to go bagless so I don't get stuck with the bag line.

My opinion - the only way to go...and not cheating. I love this option at WDW - I get to leave DH in the dust (just for fun - he chooses to carry a small backpack). DL - you have to go through bag check no matter what.

My opinion - the only way to go...and not cheating. I love this option at WDW - I get to leave DH in the dust (just for fun - he chooses to carry a small backpack). DL - you have to go through bag check no matter what.

I'm just so used to taking a backpack. Usually have some snacks, a bottle of water, GoPro, a USB charging pod for phone and sometimes my yeti and smuggled in rum. :-)

I'm thinking I might need to pack some extra clothes in case I get soaked on kali river. I'm planning on riding it around 1:30 pm--so if I get soaked, that would make for an uncomfortable rest of the day.

My opinion - the only way to go...and not cheating

I'm usually toting my camera though.... so in that case...
Bag check it is.

I love this option at WDW - I get to leave DH in the dust (just for fun - he chooses to carry a small backpack). DL - you have to go through bag check no matter what

::yes:: That I do remember.

I'm just so used to taking a backpack. Usually have some snacks, a bottle of water, GoPro, a USB charging pod for phone and sometimes my yeti and smuggled in rum. :-)

Snacks? I want Disney's snacks!
That's why I'm there! :laughing:

How do you sneak in your rum?
Knew one guy who always snuck
it in a Sunny D bottle.

I'm thinking I might need to pack some extra clothes in case I get soaked on kali river. I'm planning on riding it around 1:30 pm--so if I get soaked, that would make for an uncomfortable rest of the day.

Suggestion? For less to carry,
pack a Walmart $1 poncho instead.
Then toss it after the ride.

Snacks? I want Disney's snacks!
That's why I'm there! :laughing:

How do you sneak in your rum?
Knew one guy who always snuck
it in a Sunny D bottle.

I've snuck alcohol in all kinds of ways. Disney is pretty easy. Easiest way is to just take a 20 oz coke bottle and fill it half and half or more. Buy cokes in parks and dilute as needed.

I've also used plastic flasks of varying types. Breast milk bags work very well. Cost 10 cents a piece and hold 12 oz.

I've also just put it in my yeti tumbler and walked right in.

Suggestion? For less to carry,
pack a Walmart $1 poncho instead.
Then toss it after the ride.

Good suggestion. I might pack my crocs or sandals just for this ride to make sure my shoes stay dry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!