Canadian Buffoon's DISmeet vacation - 09/14 - Bowled Over

Well, I had to go back like 6 pages to even find your update- (bows to the King of the DIS). A few comments:

While you might be King of the DIS, Key Lime Pie is King of the Pies. I even have all the stuff to make it soon. Might this weekend.

Sorry, no big hurrahs for brekkie here. I always make a breakfast casserole on holidays and it's never the same one. Eggs, bread cubes, sausage, etc... .with loads of cheese. Just google. Lately, for a normal, non-special occasion weekend breakfast, I've been doing steel cut oats in the IP with maple syrup and butter. Mmm!!!

The museum was super impressive! For real! While I'm not a huge HD or even bike aficianado, there are definitely some fantastic looking exhibits in there. I like the historical side of the place.

Your DISMeets (both) sounded very nice. You certainly make the rounds. I really love them and hope to meet a few more folks in my travels too. :)

Lookie at that growing chip collection! Do you have a total count to date? Each one must be worth.. oh, say... $400 or so given what you spend to travel to get them. ;) (Food, gas, hotels, etc...)

Okay. Time to head out to my son's birthday dinner at a Spanish Tapas place. Yummy!

Glad you got home safely also; it was perfectly wonderful meeting up with you and the gang again!

Lately, for a normal, non-special occasion weekend breakfast, I've been doing steel cut oats in the IP with maple syrup and butter. Mmm!!!

Yum! On busy weeks when I know I won't have much time in the mornings for breakfast, I like to do a slow cooker deal with steel cut oats, apples, cinnamon, chia seeds, and maple syrup, and refrigerate/freeze whatever I don't eat the first morning for the rest of the week. I'm a big steel cut oat fan!

Yum! On busy weeks when I know I won't have much time in the mornings for breakfast, I like to do a slow cooker deal with steel cut oats, apples, cinnamon, chia seeds, and maple syrup, and refrigerate/freeze whatever I don't eat the first morning for the rest of the week. I'm a big steel cut oat fan!
Yeah, I need to up my game with adding stuff. I have chia seeds on hand, and of course apples or other dried fruit would be super easy to add.

Well, I had to go back like 6 pages to even find your update- (bows to the King of the DIS).

<psssssst!> I have this thing.
It's called a table of contents.
Use it. It'll save time. ::yes::

While you might be King of the DIS, Key Lime Pie is King of the Pies. I even have all the stuff to make it soon. Might this weekend.

Not sure if Key Lime is King...
But it's up there!

I should make mine too.
Was planning on trying
an Instant Pot version.

How do you make yours?

Sorry, no big hurrahs for brekkie here. I always make a breakfast casserole on holidays and it's never the same one. Eggs, bread cubes, sausage, etc... .with loads of cheese. Just google.

Party pooper. ;)

Lately, for a normal, non-special occasion weekend breakfast, I've been doing steel cut oats in the IP with maple syrup and butter. Mmm!!!

Me too!

The museum was super impressive! For real! While I'm not a huge HD or even bike aficianado, there are definitely some fantastic looking exhibits in there. I like the historical side of the place.

I do too.
I go to Harley shops
and sometimes I don't
even glance at the bikes.

Your DISMeets (both) sounded very nice. You certainly make the rounds.

They were both wonderful! :)

I really love them and hope to meet a few more folks in my travels too. :)

Like in October. :)
I know at least one person
that will be there when you're there.

How do I know?
Because you've mentioned
you were going in October
and I think she's there the
entire month! :laughing:

Lookie at that growing chip collection! Do you have a total count to date?

Not recently counted.
I need to update my spreadsheet
and then I'll get back to you. :)

Each one must be worth.. oh, say... $400 or so given what you spend to travel to get them. ;) (Food, gas, hotels, etc...)

:rolleyes1

Okay. Time to head out to my son's birthday dinner at a Spanish Tapas place. Yummy!

Sounds yummy! Enjoy!

Glad you got home safely also; it was perfectly wonderful meeting up with you and the gang again!

It was great!
Always an absolute pleasure
meeting you!

Yeah, I need to up my game with adding stuff. I have chia seeds on hand, and of course apples or other dried fruit would be super easy to add.

I do the apples, but not the seeds.

<psssssst!> I have this thing.
It's called a table of contents.
Use it. It'll save time. ::yes::

OH sure, remind me I need to use common sense.

Not sure if Key Lime is King...
But it's up there!

I should make mine too.
Was planning on trying
an Instant Pot version.

How do you make yours?

I don't know! LOL! I haven't done one yet. I'm thinking tomorrow?

Party pooper. ;)

Like in October. :)
I know at least one person
that will be there when you're there.

How do I know?
Because you've mentioned
you were going in October
and I think she's there the
entire month! :laughing:

OH? Do tell. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't.

Not recently counted.
I need to update my spreadsheet
and then I'll get back to you. :)

Standing by!

Sounds yummy! Enjoy!

We went with paella. Oh goodness... nom, nom, nom.

I do the apples, but not the seeds.

Chia adds a nutty flavor and another amino for that complete protein.

OH sure, remind me I need to use common sense.

Sure!
Liesa, you need
to use common sense.

You’re welcome.

I don't know! LOL! I haven't done one yet. I'm thinking tomorrow?

I had planned to,
but something came up.

OH? Do tell. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't.

Don’t think you
know her. :)

Standing by!

Got the total.
I’ll post in the next
Update.

We went with paella. Oh goodness... nom, nom, nom.

Yum!
Just a wee bit envious. :)

Chia adds a nutty flavor and another amino for that complete protein.

Oh good.
Now I don’t feel
bad skipping it.

:rolleyes1

Still catching up on threads.
I will start writing eventually!

Question for the group.
Continue on the present course
or insert a couple chapters
on the just returned from
California trip?
I can also add them
in at the end.

Lemme know.

Inject them now - I want to know how your race experience was. Meet any stars?
I must say I am enjoying reading your experiences. We have traveled to some car museums but not Harley. Been to Ford museum in Michigan which was quite entertaining and the Corvette museum in Kentucky.

Inject them now:) I have a breakfast recipe for you but I am not home at the moment and will have to add it when I can read from it since I do not know it by heart.

Moose is doing good. In August he and I both got new jobs with new companies-- I love my new job as Marketing Coordinator for Wessels Company- North America's largest manufacturer of custom pressure vessels and tanks. :rolleyes1 (Marketing Coordinator must market.) And he was just offered ANOTHER new job with another new company... so he's hoping he loves it because he currently doesn't. We recently booked our first family trip to WDW for October of 2019- for JR's 5th birthday... can ya believe it?! I just announced I was pregnant on here yesterday and he's gonna be 5 years old in less than 18 months!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter