Canadian Amazon Visa card

One thing I hate about the Rogers card is that you have to tell them to apply the cash back rewards to you balance. You have to tell them before December and it is applied just once a year in January. I just paid for my next Disney trip and called them today for the rewards. I have to wait until next January now for the reward. Their website does not appear to say anything. You have to read the contract to know this.

Similar experience. About 2 weeks after applying, I received an email indicating that my application was received and it would be another several weeks for the approval. About 2 weeks later, I received the PIN in the mail. That was a couple of days ago. I am still waiting on the card, and I received the same email you did today.

Same. I got the card earlier this week, a couple of business days after the PIN arrived.

Wow, that's slow. We've had our new Rogers cards for several weeks now. Our first billing cycle has closed, first bonus $'s granted and applied to our Rogers bills (I'm glad I kept two accounts with Rogers now that we have two separate cards).

Yup. My husband applied for the Rogers card a week or so after I applied for the Home Trust Visa, and we had them in hand much sooner. Home Trust didn't actually take as long as they suggested it might though, so I guess that's good?

One thing I hate about the Rogers card is that you have to tell them to apply the cash back rewards to you balance. You have to tell them before December and it is applied just once a year in January. I just paid for my next Disney trip and called them today for the rewards. I have to wait until next January now for the reward. Their website does not appear to say anything. You have to read the contract to know this.

Or read this thread! :) It's a significant annoyance compared to the Amazon card. This is one of the reasons I applied for both the Home Trust and Roger's cards. Home Trust also only pays cash back once per year, but at least you don't have to pay the forex up front, and you don't need to call and ask for it. Home Trust has some other minor issues though.

I still haven't decided on what to do to replace our Amazon visa card (we don't have a Fido or Rogers bill and I don't like what I read on Home Trust. Our next trip to the USA is in April so I'm trying to pre-pay as much as possible and I will bring Disney GCs for our DLR portion of the trip. I guess we will use our Amex or MasterCard with AM for that trip.

Well, I just got my HomeTrust PIN in the mail today. Dare I hope the card will arrive before we leave for Mexico on March 15th?

I got mine yesterday. I don't see any way to change the PIN but if anyone knows how to do it, please let me know.

As far as I have heard, you cannot change it and just have to use the one they sent. Lucky for me, the pin I got was an easy one to remember!

For anyone who requested an authorized user on your HomeTrust Visa application:

I received my PIN two weeks ago, and my card early last week. No mention of my husband's card, and I wasn't hopeful he'd get one at all, but yesterday his PIN came in the mail. So I guess the authorized user requests ARE being processed, just a couple of weeks behind.

I got mine yesterday. I don't see any way to change the PIN but if anyone knows how to do it, please let me know.

Supposedly they are working on it.

For those that are still looking for a no-f/x fee card, Scotia recently introduced their Passport Infinite Visa. It's the first card from a Big-5 bank to offer no-f/x fees. It does have a hefty annual fee of $139 though, but it comes with a $250 sign-up bonus, Priority Pass membership with 6 lounge passes annually, 2% earnings rate on grocery, dining, entertainment and transit, and good insurance coverage, as well as the typical Visa Infinite "benefits".

For those of you that got the Rogers and Fido cards, the earnings rate will be devalued starting on May 23 on both cards (and they will both be at the same level), and they've eliminated the annual fee on the Rogers card. Basically they're now the same cards.

Source: https://rogersbank.com/en/notification

Anyone phone in yet to find out when the credit for the amazon points will happen. Today is the day of closure so I figured it would be credited to the card today but it has not. I am hoping it gets credited before the bill is due March 20. Don't want to have a credit after paying because then how would we get it when we can't charge anything to the card anymore?

Seriously no one has phoned in to find out when we will get credit for the amazon points? or how? (if I could email I would, but talking to people, blech, so I am avoiding it and my wife said its my job to deal with Disney stuff.

Seriously no one has phoned in to find out when we will get credit for the amazon points? or how? (if I could email I would, but talking to people, blech, so I am avoiding it and my wife said its my job to deal with Disney stuff.
We had an issue with the Amazon Visa and flights that my daughter had booked with Icelandair last week (it was the airlines fault). She bought her flight and I paid it off immediately. Due to the issue, Icelandair refunded the cost of the flight, and then tried to rebook at the cheaper rate-on March 15th of course.
Bottom line, I did call.
Refunds of credits on the account and the accumulated points (in my case $13) will be refunded before the end of the month, and I should expect my cheque the first week of April.
We rebooked my daughter's flight on the HomeTrust card that we got to replace it. Hopefully, that will work out fine. If not, that Scotiabank card that includes 6 lounge passes sounds divine at the moment. :D

My daughters just received correspondence in the mail from TD bank indicating that they are increasing the foreign exchange rate from 2.5% to 3.5%. Now, this is for visa debit transactions (i.e. my daughters are too young to have their own credit cards yet) but now I'm starting to wonder if this is going to become a trend, with banks increasing the foreign exchange rate. Has anyone else experienced this?

For those that are still looking for a no-f/x fee card, Scotia recently introduced their Passport Infinite Visa. It's the first card from a Big-5 bank to offer no-f/x fees. It does have a hefty annual fee of $139 though, but it comes with a $250 sign-up bonus, Priority Pass membership with 6 lounge passes annually, 2% earnings rate on grocery, dining, entertainment and transit, and good insurance coverage, as well as the typical Visa Infinite "benefits".
After looking at the info about the Scotiabank card on RFD I came across another no-f/x fee card Brim MasterCard. For us I think the Scotiabank visa is the better option, I tried to call Scotiabank about switching over a card I currently have with them to the Passport Infinite Visa, but they aren't open on a Sunday, very strange they don't have this anyone to switch a card on a Sunday.

Our other card we use is the Cobalt Amex we have had great success with it. We have had it since October and already had enough points to pay for our flights to London, with bonuses we are getting about a 6% return on the card.

After looking at the info about the Scotiabank card on RFD I came across another no-f/x fee card Brim MasterCard. For us I think the Scotiabank visa is the better option, I tried to call Scotiabank about switching over a card I currently have with them to the Passport Infinite Visa, but they aren't open on a Sunday, very strange they don't have this anyone to switch a card on a Sunday.

Our other card we use is the Cobalt Amex we have had great success with it. We have had it since October and already had enough points to pay for our flights to London, with bonuses we are getting about a 6% return on the card.
Yeah, Brim seems like it would be a good option too, though since they are just starting up, they haven't started issuing cards yet.

I fully agree with you on the Cobalt card. Even with the 2.5% f/x fee, you're probably still better off to use that card at grocery stores and restaurant in the U.S. (assuming you have use for the Amex points).

The Fido/Rogers card is still a good deal for those that have their services. Those rebate rates were too good to last, I guess.

The Fido/Rogers card is still a good deal for those that have their services. Those rebate rates were too good to last, I guess.

For me, the Rogers card will no longer have the same value once they implement the changes. I did a comparison to the Home Trust Visa and the new Brim Financial cards here and Rogers provides substantially lower returns. Also, now that Rogers has eliminated the annual fee, there is no additional benefit for me as a Rogers customer.

As always, this is dependent on the person. The above is how it applies to me - it may be different for you for other reasons.

Yeah, Brim seems like it would be a good option too, though since they are just starting up, they haven't started issuing cards yet.

I fully agree with you on the Cobalt card. Even with the 2.5% f/x fee, you're probably still better off to use that card at grocery stores and restaurant in the U.S. (assuming you have use for the Amex points).
I ended up applying for the Scotiabank card. It will be here in a week or 2. We have a few places we regularly go to that don't take Amex and will need to pay for our DCL cruise in a month so I think it will make a good secondary card for travelling I calculated that would should get over $1000 in points value within a year after the annual fee, plus no 2.5% fee and the airport lounges.

So to add to the confusion, it looks like Rogers will be putting out a no-annual-fee World Elite MasterCard with the same (higher) earn rates as the current Rogers Platinum MasterCard. There have been some reports of individuals already having been switched over.

https://imgur.com/a/nKeph

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter