Canadas Wonderland single rider lines?

wendyt_ca

DIS Veteran
Hello,
I'm being sent up to Richmond Hill for training next month for a week and will be there alone on my bday so I want to go to Canada's Wonderland on the Sunday I get there to celebrate my bday there. I will be by myself so I was wondering if any of the rides have single rider lines as that will help with my limited time there?

I'm not sure about that but i do know that they sell "FastLane" passes that let you enter a separate line .. similar to what Universal has

Fast Lane Pass

They don't have single rider lines. However on the coasters they will, at times, ask for single riders.

Only used the Fast Pass once as it was a season pass renewal perk. If you have limited time it's probably worth your while to pick it up. Online it looks like they have admission + Fast Lane Plus for $90+tax. Parking is another $20 or so. They also have an "all inclusive" combo for $138 which includes parking and "all day dining" (technically a meal every 90 minutes).

Incidentally, I grew up in Richmond Hill, and still go there every week to see my parents (I live in Markham). So if you're looking for places to eat I can recommend a few places around there. Especially for Asian food.

Yeah I was torn between trying single rider lines if they had them and spending the money for the front of line pass. It will be mid afternoon when I get there and the park is open until 10pm. I won't care about some of the rides. I mainly want to do the coasters (but won't get on a wooden coaster or standing coaster lol).
I'm going to be staying at the holiday inn express in Richmond hill if you know where that is. Any tips would be great. I'm a REALLY picky eater though. I basically like plain pasta or a place that has good fries is my back up lol

They don't have single rider lines. However on the coasters they will, at times, ask for single riders.

Only used the Fast Pass once as it was a season pass renewal perk. If you have limited time it's probably worth your while to pick it up. Online it looks like they have admission + Fast Lane Plus for $90+tax. Parking is another $20 or so. They also have an "all inclusive" combo for $138 which includes parking and "all day dining" (technically a meal every 90 minutes).

Incidentally, I grew up in Richmond Hill, and still go there every week to see my parents (I live in Markham). So if you're looking for places to eat I can recommend a few places around there. Especially for Asian food.
WOW and I thought Darien Lake was expensive at about $100 CDN for camping 2 nights with 3 day park admission and free parking on the day of departure. I'll drive that extra 1 1/2 hours to go across the border even with the US $ to get more bang for your buck.

Yeah I was torn between trying single rider lines if they had them and spending the money for the front of line pass. It will be mid afternoon when I get there and the park is open until 10pm. I won't care about some of the rides. I mainly want to do the coasters (but won't get on a wooden coaster or standing coaster lol).
I'm going to be staying at the holiday inn express in Richmond hill if you know where that is. Any tips would be great. I'm a REALLY picky eater though. I basically like plain pasta or a place that has good fries is my back up lol
I think they have a cheaper pass for after 4pm so I'd look into that

If the HIE is off of Leslie st then I think I know where you are. Tons of Chinese restaurants, but I'll highlight some of the other options

There are a cluster of restaurants south of you at east beaver creek and highway 7. There is a Keg there. Also a Brazilian steakhouse, a three Brewers, a Fox and Fiddle pub, an Italian/seafood place and a kebab place.

There is another cluster of restaurants by the Hilton Garden Inn that has a Baton Rouge and a tapas place. I think there is a fast food burrito joint and a subway there as well.

If your per diem allows it there is a Japanese restaurant nearby called Akasaka that has a hibachi.

For fast food, there is a timmys by thhe best western just south of you, and a McDonald's northwest of you on 16th.

If you do decide to go for Chinese, I'll suggest going to Asian legend and having their soup-filled dumplings, and chunked beef noodle soup.

Thanks for all the info!
The after 4pm ticket is super cheap but would 4-10 give me enough time to do all the main roller coasters?

Keeping an eye on this thread. I am headed to Vaughan for work in mid July. Getting in around noon on a Sunday. Plan on dropping the bags at the hotel and heading over to Canada's Wonderland.

If you have a Costco membership i noticed today that they have tickets for $39 -ish

Well it looks like I am going to be visiting Canada's Wonderland on Sunday. Found out that our company's operations up in the Vaughan area have discounted tickets. With the CAD to USD conversion, it comes out to be a pretty cheap ticket even with parking tacked on.

Noticed last Friday that Costco had Wonderland tickets on sale for $29. Didn't read the sign to see how long this offer was available.

Well it looks like I am going to be visiting Canada's Wonderland on Sunday. Found out that our company's operations up in the Vaughan area have discounted tickets. With the CAD to USD conversion, it comes out to be a pretty cheap ticket even with parking tacked on.
Enjoy! We were there today. It was not rainy today, so I thought it would be packed. We found the ride lines quite manageable (even mid day) so we were pleasantly surprised.

I was hoping to go after my visit to the office on Monday and Tuesday in hopes of less crowd. But it looks like Sunday is going to be the best day for me. I get into Toronto around 1pm and would be pretty much just sitting around the rest of the day (enjoying a Steamwhistle or two :-)). So Sunday it is and braving the crowds. I don't have high hopes of doing a ton. I think just exploring the park will be the top priority. In looking at picks online, it reminds me a lot of Great America in California. It looks like a lot of the rides used to have the same names as the rides at Great America. My guess is they are owned by the same company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter