Canada pavillion to get character greeting!

DisneyFunFan

Earning My Ears
My sister-in-law is a CM on the International Program working at Le Cellier. She informed me the other day that the Canada pavillion will _finally_ be getting a character greeting!

A few weeks before the upcoming "Brother Bear" movie launches, the two Bob and Doug McKenzie type moose will begin appearing in Canada at Epcot. Tuke and Rutt are the two moose voiced in the movie by Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas.

Canada hasn't seen character greetings since the days of Mountie Mickey. There was also a walk-around Mountie Pooh apparently that I saw in a clip from an old TV special. Does anyone actually remember seeing Mountie Pooh in person?

Yeah!!!

That's great, thanks for the info.
Does she know the exact date when they will appear?
Thanks!

...couldn't we do better? As a former Montrealer, I don't recall seeing many moose, at least not in the city, though I am told they live all around the country ;) I guess we should take what we can get, tho, since most Yanks aren't really sure where Canada is. Hey and maybe it'll stir up more tourism

FYI kitty (>>^..^<<) I always thought it was"Tuque" like the town (La Tuque) in the Mauricie, north of M. Chretien's hometown of Shawinigan QC. It could be toque in English, but I'm gonna stick with my original.

Originally posted by DisneyFunFan
Canada hasn't seen character greetings since the days of Mountie Mickey. There was also a walk-around Mountie Pooh apparently that I saw in a clip from an old TV special. Does anyone actually remember seeing Mountie Pooh in person?

I have a picture with me & Mountie Mickey taken 14 years ago :eek: , Dh has one taken with "French Minnie" but no I've never seen Mountie Pooh. LOL ;)

So I guess Mountie Mickey isn't there anymore?:(

Seems I was a bit off on my info about this. The characters in Canada will not be the two Canadian moose in the movie but will be the stars of the movie -- the Bears: Kenai and Koda.

I had assumed when I heard that there would be two characters making an appearance that it would be the Canadian moose in the movie. But I guess they didn't get costumes for the moose made so it will be the bears even though they're not Canadian (I think they're from a U.S. National park in the Pacific Northwest). Maybe they'll be in Canada visiting they're new Canadian moose friends? Just like they'll be "visiting" the California woods when they appear at California Adventure's Redwood Creek attraction. As long as the theme "kinda" fits they try to make it work I guess.

I suppose I'm just bummed because who wouldv'e thought that there'd ever be animated characters in a Disney movie that are openly Canadian? And now that there are, they won't even be there to appear in the pavillion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter