Can you watch Game of Throne at a Disney resort?

I guess I am one of those weirdos that when on vacation I turn off any kind of social media, do not use the net and just enjoy where ever I may be, DVR what I want to see when I get back....

We don't go as far as turning off social media, etc., but we certainly wouldn't have a problem with DVRing the episode and watching at a later time. Although I am actually the only person I know that doesn't watch Game of Thrones. I watched the first season and didn't like it, so I asked Micky (who is annoying about the show) and he said he would DVR it. :)

But I sure do love The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix!

It looks like I will be on our second night of a 7-night DCL cruise for the final episode of the series. I evidently planned this trip poorly when I booked it last year. :rolleyes:
Or HBO planned poorly...(disclaimer - don't watch, never watched, not interested - but there are shows I must watch - so I get it.)

I'm in the same boat. The season finale is on the 1st full day of our vacation. So, if we don't watch it, we would have to avoid spoliers for a week :worried: Not sure how that would happen! I set up my login info for HBOGO and tested running it on my laptop using a HDMI cord to the TV and it worked. So, that is my plan.

We'll be at Fort Wilderness Campground for the finale. We tested our Firestick on HBOGo during this Sunday's episode. I'll light up my Mobile Hotspot and let it fly on May 19th. I can't bare the thought of walking through MK on Monday, May 20th and seeing someone with a "Tyrion wins the Iron Throne" shirt!

We'll be at Fort Wilderness Campground for the finale. We tested our Firestick on HBOGo during this Sunday's episode. I'll light up my Mobile Hotspot and let it fly on May 19th. I can't bare the thought of walking through MK on Monday, May 20th and seeing someone with a "Tyrion wins the Iron Throne" shirt!

LOL! I love it.

We watched the Red Wedding huddled around a laptop streaming HBOGo at Disney when it aired a few years ago. I’ll never forget that episode ending so abruptly as we stared at each other with our mouths hanging open. No way we could have missed that, Disney or not!

Regardless of my series--watching needs while at WDW (no overlap with GOT or Stranger Things, thank goodness)...

I've learned something that may come in handy for any vacation. I had no idea about hotel TVs and HDMI ports. Any way to save 45 minutes waiting for something watchable to appear on the scrolling menu, on those random nights when tv in bed seems like just the thing! (I don't even use a TV at home anymore, just fire up the closest device. So it's a treat.)

I guess I am one of those weirdos that when on vacation I turn off any kind of social media, do not use the net and just enjoy where ever I may be, DVR what I want to see when I get back....

I guess we are even weirder - we don't do any social media. Never have, just never got into it.
That being said, any TV shows that are "important" to me I DVR and watch when I get home - if I happen to catch them in the evening while in the room, I'll watch then.
We usually watch TV for a 30-60 minutes in the evening to wind down. We aren't up late folks - so often back in room by/before 9 PM. We do watch the local news (WESH 2) in the morning while getting ourselves together for the day, for local weather and to see what crazy stuff is happening in Florida that week:love1:

I'm in the same boat. The season finale is on the 1st full day of our vacation. So, if we don't watch it, we would have to avoid spoliers for a week :worried: Not sure how that would happen! I set up my login info for HBOGO and tested running it on my laptop using a HDMI cord to the TV and it worked. So, that is my plan.
We will be there the same time, one of our last days anyway. I'll bring my apple tv and if some reason that won't work I have my laptop.

Leaving soon for Disney world but I will be missing one episode of game of thrones. Is there a way I can watch it on tv at a Disney resort?
OP, since your user name has “Canadian” in it, I’m going to assume you’re from Canada (if not, then disregard this!) I’m not sure if the HBO app will work for you to sign up even for a trial if you’re Canadian. I haven’t tried but I know there are lots of issues with trying to stream from different countries. We are in Canada and currently watch through Crave. We’ll be gone for one of the episodes (not to WDW but Hilton Head) so my DH has a VPN set up so we can stream through Crave still while we’re there.....I think he’s taking our Chromecast along to do that (we usually watch through Apple TV so I’m not 100% about which one he’s planning to take!) but can’t give you info on setting up the VPN though since I don’t know exactly how he does it, but if you can figure that out I would try that!

Any updates from recent visits? We usually take our ROKU with us to pop Century. We will be staying at GFV for our wedding trip on 5/19 and plan to watch the finale with family/friends in our room that way. Just wondering if anyone had any recent problems streaming / connecting HDMI :).

Any updates from recent visits? We usually take our ROKU with us to pop Century. We will be staying at GFV for our wedding trip on 5/19 and plan to watch the finale with family/friends in our room that way. Just wondering if anyone had any recent problems streaming / connecting HDMI :).

While staying at the Dolphin a couple weeks ago, I was not able to connect via HDMI. It just showed "No signal". I don't know if they had it locked down or what. But, the Dolphin did give you access to HBO Go for free, so it turned out, I was able to watch via that anyways. I don't know about Disney hotels or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter