Can you watch Game of Throne at a Disney resort?

OP, if you subscribe to HBO Now or HBO Go you might be able to bring a device that allows you to watch. I would not want to miss an episode of Season 8. You will see spoilers everywhere. Pretty much every scene next week is going to be an OMG, no way moment for fans. As a longtime fan of both the books and the show, I have been waiting for next week's battle. I most likely will not get the next book (George, go write!) this year, but I will be watching every episode as it airs this season. Did you see the GoT thread? https://disboards.com/threads/game-...-spoilers-please.3745178/page-6#post-60533931

And that's great.....
To each his/her own.
But I'm not chained to the " Broadcast Industry".
I still prefer to read a news article rather than watch a video narrated by some "Gotta make a name for myself" commentator.
Besides, I can read a lot faster than those people can tell a story.

I'm a little confused as to how your personal vacation preferences relate to the OP's question.

As others have said, if you have HBO chances are you have access to HBO GO for free. Test it out before you go and if possible set it up on a streaming device and bring it and an HDMI cable with you. Last year I brought my Fire TV with us I was able to watch what I wanted.

And that's great.....
To each his/her own.
But I'm not chained to the " Broadcast Industry".
I still prefer to read a news article rather than watch a video narrated by some "Gotta make a name for myself" commentator.
Besides, I can read a lot faster than those people can tell a story.
Okay...? *Insert Natalie Portman clapping meme here*

Anyway, OP I would say safest bet is using laptop for HBO Now. Also fun fact this was me two years ago but at universal and I was trying to figure out where to watch the season finale. Didn't even realize but Universal had HBO so we ordered wine and food and made a special night out of it!

Last edited:
So funny! I will be away for the last 2 episodes as well. :laughing:
I've set the DVR so I have something to watch when we get home.
Gotta avoid the spoilers. lol

Remember... vacation is what YOU make it. :cool2:

I'm over here trying to sort out how I will watch Stranger Things on our July trip. LOL!

GoT is worse with the spoilers, though. I would be trying to watch, too.

I guess we've been lucky thus far
Nary a spoiler has been seen or heard since the episode aired on Sunday night. I think we'll make it till we get home from work tonight.
We do use social media, but likely way less than most. So that could help.
That and right now, social media is more ate up with Endgame premier this week than it is Game of Thrones. That may not be going on for the entire run of the series. LOL

I guess I am one of those weirdos that when on vacation I turn off any kind of social media, do not use the net and just enjoy where ever I may be, DVR what I want to see when I get back....

Nary a spoiler has been seen or heard since the episode aired on Sunday night. I think we'll make it till we get home from work tonight.
That and right now, social media is more ate up with Endgame premier this week than it is Game of Thrones. That may not be going on for the entire run of the series. LOL

I'm surprised by the lack of GoT spoilers, but I did not even consider Endgame since I couldn't care less about it.

Twitter is a mine field, so if you aren't a regular user I can imagine it's easy to not see anything.

I guess I am one of those weirdos that when on vacation I turn off any kind of social media, do not use the net and just enjoy where ever I may be, DVR what I want to see when I get back....

I don't think that makes you a "weirdo."

I'm always active on social media and I love my shows. I've also gone back to the room to watch football games. I manage to keep all of my passions balanced while on vacation. :)

I was chaperoning a school trip last week when the first episode aired. I was able to watch it on the bus on my phone using the HBO go app. And I will be watching it on my phone this Sunday night if I'm not too tired when we return from the parks. It's the Battle of Winterfell!

After next weeks episode, with the big battle coming, I imagine it would be hard to avoid the spoilers.
Since main characters haven’t died yet, there’s not much to spoil.
Oops, sorry. Maybe that was a spoiler? :blush:

OP if I were in your position I would be doing the same thing. In fact I checked my dates to be sure I would know whether or not I'd have to do the exact same thing (thankfully I don't).

These days it's incredibly difficult to avoid any kind of spoilers. Even well meaning friends/family can forget you're away (especially if you go on a social media diet) and spoil you inadvertently. There's even some odds people would be talking about it on the bus or monorail the next day. I see nothing wrong with taking an hour to enjoy something that you've been looking forward to seeing for years. Especially that is gonna be talked about constantly. OP if you want to watch it on the TV and not huddled over a device, just bring your laptop and HDMI cable. Other devices may or may not work and nothing is worse than scrambling after the fact. Even if you're watching it on the phone it's better than finding out from Uncle Jim over a text message.

It looks like I will be on our second night of a 7-night DCL cruise for the final episode of the series. I evidently planned this trip poorly when I booked it last year. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!