Can you swallow pills good ?

I am fine with it.

My 14 year old can not get the grasp of it at all. Now that she if too old for children's medication it makes things difficult.

When I first got out of the hospital I was taking like 8 things just in the morning while my trache hole was still closing (it didn't take that long to heal and had a bandage over it) but I could do them all at once. I don't want to be in competitive pill swallowing, but I reckon I could do ok with it.

I'm on a plethora of pills, and if needed I can take them without water if I swallow them one at a time. Funny, but I find it easier to swallow the big pills. The little ones get caught.

Yup. DW really struggles with even the tiniest pill. She'll push it to the back of her throat to the point she gags, then wash it down. Too much drama.

yes, I can swallow them fine.
DD has a hard time. She has to fill her mouth with water, stick one pill in and then swallow. Doesn't work if the pill is too large

I’m pretty good at it, several at a time but I need water. My DH can swallow pills dry.

My oldest on the other hand, we have tried every method there is. It’s definitely phycological with her. We’ve had doctors and pharmacists who have been awesome and gone out of their way to find liquid alternatives but when she had her wisdom teeth pulled the alternatives ran out. Now when she has to take a pill she gets it down but it’s still a lot of drama with choking and gagging.

Nurses in hospital had me do this.

the lean-forward method:

lean-forward method to swallow pills

Image Credit: Annals of Family Medicine
  • Put a capsule on your tongue.
  • Take a sip of water but don’t swallow.
  • Tilt your chin toward your chest.
  • Swallow the capsule and water while your head is bent

I am fine with it.

My 14 year old can not get the grasp of it at all. Now that she if too old for children's medication it makes things difficult.
Equate, the Walmart brand makes liquid Tylenol for adults. You have to really hunt for it though. When I find it I usually buy two at a time. In a pinch I’ve looked up the dose for adults with kids meds online.

yes, I can swallow them fine.
DD has a hard time. She has to fill her mouth with water, stick one pill in and then swallow. Doesn't work if the pill is too large

That is how I do it too! Yesterday I had to take 7 nitroglycerin pills and had to take them each one after the other, I just couldn't take them all at once---and they are small- like birth control pill size!!

I usually take them with food and water. It feels like they don't go down all the way otherwise. My DH and one adult DS can swallow pills without drinking anything. Other adult DS and myself both need to drink quite a bit. I always feel like they're stuck, even when they aren't. Oldest DS (33) used powdered aspirin until he was well into his 20's because he just couldn't swallow a pill.

Pills should always be taken with liquid, like 8 oz to ensure they go down. Certain pills that don't go all the way down can actually eat through the lining of the throat. No one should ever take pills without drinking something.

I can take any size of pill just fine.

My youngest son (14) however...He gags, coughs and acts like someone is torturing him if I give him a single Advil to swallow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!