Can you still inquire about a gift card with deferring housekeeping if you did online check in?

Queen of the WDW Scene

It's only MY opinion, YOU decided to quote it.
I have not been offered to defer housekeeping for a gift card before but I also always do online check in and get my room number before arriving.

I booked a room for my parents yesterday and did not bother with online check in since they'd rather go to the front desk anyways.
They called me and said they were offered to defer housekeeping and received a gift card for $10. This is at ASMu and they are only staying for 2 nights and it was just a RO discount booking.
They took it because they figured housekeeping was not necessary for them.

My sister and I will be arriving next Friday and already did online check in.
If we walk down to the front desk and inquire about deferring housekeeping for a gift card they will give us one or is this something that is a "perk" of checking in at the front desk vs online?

We are pretty neat people and don't really need the housekeeping so it would be nice to feel like I'm getting a little pixie dust.

You can ask. There is nothing about online check-in that prevents you from going to the front desk or excludes you from something that someone who does not do online check-in gets.
We've gotten phone calls actually. So didn't even have to go ask about it (we turn it down)

You can ask. There is nothing about online check-in that prevents you from going to the front desk or excludes you from something that someone who does not do online check-in gets.
We've gotten phone calls actually. So didn't even have to go ask about it (we turn it down)

We always check in online and then just swing by front desk to opt out of mousekeeping. Love it!

Exactly!! I don't know why so many people have this idea that if they do online check-in they cannot go to the front desk. It seems like every day I see a "But we like to talk to the CM at the desk" or "We want to decline housekeeping" or "What if I don't like the room number I'm texted, but I did online check-in" or others along those lines.

There is NOT someone at the lobby door with a checklist of who did online check-in who will bar entrance to the lobby for those who did and who have received the text with their room number.

All online check-in does is set up the information that they would have to take time to collect from you. You can go to the front desk if you want for whatever reason you want.

You will get $10 x the # of nights of your stay less one night on a gift card. Room has already been serviced for the first night. We are pretty neat too and often take the gift card, can call for towels, soap, etc. to be sent to the room if needed. When we see housekeeping in the hall we unload our used towels and trash as needed too.

Exactly!! I don't know why so many people have this idea that if they do online check-in they cannot go to the front desk. It seems like every day I see a "But we like to talk to the CM at the desk" or "We want to decline housekeeping" or "What if I don't like the room number I'm texted, but I did online check-in" or others along those lines.

There is NOT someone at the lobby door with a checklist of who did online check-in who will bar entrance to the lobby for those who did and who have received the text with their room number.

All online check-in does is set up the information that they would have to take time to collect from you. You can go to the front desk if you want for whatever reason you want.

Lol I am not under the impression you can't go to the front desk. (trust me I've been a number of times since the introduction of online check in and have gone to the front desk for various reasons) I just wasn't sure if the opt out gift card only was an option if they asked you at check in.

We did online check in at pop in January. I called when we got settled in the room and it was quite late. They took care of it on the phone and emailed me the gift card.

Lol I am not under the impression you can't go to the front desk. (trust me I've been a number of times since the introduction of online check in and have gone to the front desk for various reasons) I just wasn't sure if the opt out gift card only was an option if they asked you at check in.

Ok! :D

You do need to do it check-in day, but it's a simple swing by the front desk (if you take DME you're probably going to be passing it anyway). In September at POFQ I just popped into the online check-in line and gave him my info and said "I've gotten my room number, but I wanted to decline housekeeping." It was not a problem. :D (And this was like 1am. I had a late flight.)

At POFQ they did mention you must do it your check in day.
FQ is who called me on the phone to inquire if I wanted to forgo housekeeping. No idea how common that is though. We usual stay Deluxe so it's not something normally available to us

FQ is who called me on the phone to inquire if I wanted to forgo housekeeping. No idea how common that is though. We usual stay Deluxe so it's not something normally available to us

I did not get a call in September. But since DME drops you right off at the lobby area, it was simple to swing in and let them know.

Last week , checked in online. Stopped at front desk ( pofq) opted to skip Mousekeeping. Gift card emailed ..received within 2 hours. Used it later that nite towards our expenses charged to room via magicband.
Enjoy ur visit!

We own DVC so that's where we normally stay but we were at POFQ in April and like AngiTN we got a phone call asking if we wanted to opt out. It worked great since that's what we're used to at WDW.

I just did it at POFQ when I checked in on Tuesday. I actually had no intention of opting out, I like housekeeping, but she said $80 and oddly I just found myself saying yes lol they seemed very eager for people to opt out, they have signs up at check in and are asking everyone.

It’s worked out great so far and I used that $80 to buy a bunch of stuff at the Character Warehouse :D

There was a couple that came up to the next check in CM next to me while I was checking in and mentioned they hadn’t been offered it when they checked in - their CM added it no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!