Can you see fireworks from the Grand Floridian Grand Villas?

hlhlaw07

DIS Veteran
I have looked at the GFV view thread, but all the pics from the grand villas are taken during the day. The location of the grand villas seem to indicate that one could see MK fireworks over the main building. Is this assumption, based on the daytime view, correct? Thanks for the help and any fireworks view pictures from the grand villa balconies would be greatly appreciated!

I have looked at the GFV view thread, but all the pics from the grand villas are taken during the day. The location of the grand villas seem to indicate that one could see MK fireworks over the main building. Is this assumption, based on the daytime view, correct? Thanks for the help and any fireworks view pictures from the grand villa balconies would be greatly appreciated!
I’ve only been able to find one picture online and that was on Tripadvisor.com. It appears to be taken from one of the higher floors.

I’ll be there in about 3 weeks. If we happen to be in the room at the time that MK fireworks are set off, I will take pictures and post them. I do know from past experience that the views from GF are off-center and not as spectacular as they are from the Poly beach.

We were upgraded to a suite in the main building at GF and had a fabulous view of the fireworks. You could definitely see them from the pool. Magical!

The GVs should be a great place to watch the fireworks, but you probably will not have the music.

I can confirm that you can see all the fireworks at MK from GF. You will want to be around the boat dock area where you go to MK in order to have a full view. We were watching a lawn movie when they went off a couple different nights.

You shouldn't have any problem seeing the fireworks from the grand villa. We were in the section that overlooks the fountain facing the MK, and we had a good view.

It's a daytime view of course from the lowest GV:

p993011736-5.jpg

Looking at the angle I think a lot will be blocked but you could expect to see some of the highest shots. I've had the 6th floor studio that you can see most of the fireworks from which has to look over the same buildings. You do need to be on the highest floors to see most/all the fireworks and it appears to me to be the same for the GV's.

This is a standard view 5th floor room. (1525 2BR) I would assume that the GV's on upper floors would have this view or better. There is no music in the rooms, so you still may be better off at Gasparillas for the fireworks. The spire that you see to the far right is Space Mountain, not the castle.
(Note: SV rooms with this view are rare. Just one side of one wing of VGF.)

Recently stayed in the 5th floor GV. Space Mountain was visible from the balcony on the right side of the GV. We could see the fireworks for the Halloween party even though Big Pine Key completely blocks any view of the castle. Soundtrack for the party played from speakers in the pool area.

Recently stayed in the 5th floor GV. Space Mountain was visible from the balcony on the right side of the GV. We could see the fireworks for the Halloween party even though Big Pine Key completely blocks any view of the castle. Soundtrack for the party played from speakers in the pool area.
Thanks for the update! I really appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!