Can you recommend a tent for my niece

tinkerdorabelle

DIS Veteran
Any recommendations for a good Instant Tent for my niece, maybe with a screen room that you can stand up in? Want to spend 200 or less. What brands do you recommend. We had a very small Coleman that we used to use for the kids and it never leaked and we never waterproofed, even in a very serious storm that had people literally washed out and flooded. Open to suggestions.

Last edited:
There are a ton of tents and screen rooms on the Walmart website. I have purchased the Ozark Trail brand and have not been disappointed. Got great prices on all of it and had it delivered to the house too.

We just bought an Ozark Trail tent. Haven't used it yet (will in 2 weeks) but did set it up. It was SO easy to set up. Took maybe 15 minutes the first time but now that we know what we're doing will probably take about 5 minutes when we use it for real. ;)

Thanks for the info on the Ozark Trail ones. Was leaning towards them. Are they decent in the rain? I know that you have to seal your seams etc. We had a small Coleman yrs back and had it out once with my grown nephew and he slept through a seriously bad monsoon type storm, there were things floating past us the next morning it was that bad lol and people leaving. Not a drop of rain inside.

We always seal our seams -- kind of an insurance policy. We also have tarps under the tent to keep out moisture and we're ready with extra tarps for the top if needed. So far, not needed and we have been thru a couple of big rains. The site setting also determines if there is any flooding. With all that being said, the ease of putting up the tent in a matter of minutes makes tenting a much easier choice than ever! We also have both Coleman and Ozark Trail screened rooms and no problems. If you do a lot of camping, you might want to look at the Ozark Trail "kitchen". I wish I had that item when we were camping regularly. Ozark Trail has one with a built in sink which I love. At Walmart, their prices range from 49-59 dollars while Coleman runs 65-85 dollars. It may seem like an indulgence but it helps organizing things so easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!