Can you recommend a good site?

G-Z-G Mom

Earning My Ears
I'm looking for a good photography web site to help me take my pictures to the next level. I would love to make money from this expensive habit I've developed with my camera! Can any of you clue me in to any sites you've visited that were helpful?

I currently have a digital EOS Rebel that I've had about a year. Before that I had a non-digital Rebel that I adored! When it died my husband surprised me with this new digital camera. I have to say he did have to drag me kicking and screaming into the digital age but I LOVE it now! The thought of being able to squeeze off 500 shots without blinking an eye thrills me! I just came back from WDW last Thanksgiving with a 1gig and a 512 completely filled up!

For Christmas dh bought me a simple studio lighting kit set up that I need to learn how to use. Right now it's like this 3000 lb gorilla sitting in the middle of my living room that I'm trying to ignore because I feel so overwhelmed by not knowing how to use it! I'm afraid he thinks I don't love it because I haven't touched it yet. The truth is I'm just scared of it I guess! If you know any sites that can help me learn how to use them or just improve my pics I would be so grateful. I'm mostly interested in portrait photography.

Thanks in advance!
Barbi
g-z-g mom

Hi Barbi (I'm a Barb!) and welcome to the Dis Boards.

I can identify with your post, so I am bumping it because I, too, am wanting to take the next step. Hopefully someone will chime in!

PS I am interested in Petography :pug:

G-Z-G Mom said:
I'm looking for a good photography web site to help me take my pictures to the next level. I would love to make money from this expensive habit I've developed with my camera! Can any of you clue me in to any sites you've visited that were helpful?

I currently have a digital EOS Rebel that I've had about a year. Before that I had a non-digital Rebel that I adored! When it died my husband surprised me with this new digital camera. I have to say he did have to drag me kicking and screaming into the digital age but I LOVE it now! The thought of being able to squeeze off 500 shots without blinking an eye thrills me! I just came back from WDW last Thanksgiving with a 1gig and a 512 completely filled up!

For Christmas dh bought me a simple studio lighting kit set up that I need to learn how to use. Right now it's like this 3000 lb gorilla sitting in the middle of my living room that I'm trying to ignore because I feel so overwhelmed by not knowing how to use it! I'm afraid he thinks I don't love it because I haven't touched it yet. The truth is I'm just scared of it I guess! If you know any sites that can help me learn how to use them or just improve my pics I would be so grateful. I'm mostly interested in portrait photography.

Thanks in advance!
Barbi
g-z-g mom

I highly recommend this site

NEW YORK INSTITUTE OF PHOTOGRAPHY

Welcome to the DIS! I don't know of any sites that will help you specifically but you can check out some of the galleries at Pbase. The stuff they shoot over there are amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter