Can you pick up to-go food, like corndogs, and watch Mickey and the Magical Map?

EmJ

DIS Veteran
Question is self-explanatory! If we wanted to pick up something easy (food on a stick!), take it to the Mickey and the Magical Map theater, and eat it while watching the show, would that be allowed?

You can definitely do this but I do want to point out that it’s quite a ways from the Little Red Wagon to the Fantasyland Theatre. There are lots of other grab and go food options that are closer. I’ve never tried one but people rave about the baked potatoes at Troubadour Tavern which is right near the theatre.

It’s not like you can’t get a corn dog and head there, just wanted to make sure you know it’s a bit of a walk.

Troubadour Tavern is right next to the FL Theatre -- they have bratwurst and stuffed baked potatoes. Great for eating during the show. Also, cotton candy + fresh popcorn from the cart by IASW = (sort of) DIY kettle corn.

Also, when the Hyperion was still showing Aladdin, the wait line for it was our favorite spot for lunch, at a time when my kids were still little and waiting without distractions was a challenge (we haven’t yet seen “Frozen” and aren’t planning to any time soon, since all of us have already heard “Let it go” at least one time too many).

We had to time it right, since the theater itself doesn’t allow food, but getting in line early, finding a shady spot on the ground, and having a picnic with our take out was one of our most favorite family traditions.

We ended up with both, a nice lunch and fantastic seats (one time my kids got a high five from the carpet!!!).

Reactions: EmJ
I second Troubadour Tavern, their stuffed baked potatoes are delicious and a great light meal or snack to share!

Okay, I've added Troubador Tavern to my touring plan! DH doesn't think baked potatoes are a meal [eyeroll] and my son is a weirdo who doesn't eat anything that originated in potato form, not even French fries. If I wasn't there for the birth, I'd think he belongs to someone else, lol.

But I just looked at the menu and DH would like Bratwurst and my son would definitely dig the Power Pack - snacks for lunch! Are the Power Packs popular? That seems like a steal; $6 for food my kid will actually eat. I also see a frozen strawberry lemonade bar in our future.

That’s a pretty great idea to eat food while waiting or watching a show!
( I did it last year for F! a popcorn bucket, a large soda and my left over MonteChristo from lunch... I could hardly manage all that stuff but had a great pre show dinner...) but I didn’t think about eating while waiting in a queue...let alone during a show....
But it is a good idea and I try to remember it next time...

Okay, I've added Troubador Tavern to my touring plan! DH doesn't think baked potatoes are a meal [eyeroll] and my son is a weirdo who doesn't eat anything that originated in potato form, not even French fries. If I wasn't there for the birth, I'd think he belongs to someone else, lol.

But I just looked at the menu and DH would like Bratwurst and my son would definitely dig the Power Pack - snacks for lunch! Are the Power Packs popular? That seems like a steal; $6 for food my kid will actually eat. I also see a frozen strawberry lemonade bar in our future.

My DS is pretty much the same way about potatoes except that he'll eat French fries, just plain fries, not tots, curly fries, waffle fries, etc. Tried to explain that it all comes from a potato, but there really is no reasoning with a 7 year old.:faint:

He loves the Power Packs. It is quite a bit of food for for him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!