Can you pay OOP at a buffet for one person in your party?

have2getaway

DIS Veteran
Can you pay for one of the meals at a buffet out of pocket and use the credits for the others? I know you can do this at a sit down, but I didn't know if the rules were different for sit downs or character meals?

The short answer is yes.

The slightly longer answer is that everyone does have to eat and pay at the buffets so that people don't share. The servers don't seem to care how you pay. Do remember that whoever eats off of the plan needs to remember to leave a tip for their server since it is not included.

Some people have posted that they've paid cash for the children's meals to save TS credits for later. Others have posted that they've gotten some lip when they've tried this at other places. We never attempted this so I can't comment.

I'm actually thinking of simply paying for our breakfasts with cash and using our credits for dinner. It seemed like the easiest way to determine the credits without giving myself a headache :)

Thanks for the information!

have2getaway said:
I'm actually thinking of simply paying for our breakfasts with cash and using our credits for dinner. It seemed like the easiest way to determine the credits without giving myself a headache :)

Thanks for the information!

:thumbsup2
any form of payment but your room card

Oh? So if you are using the DDP and you give them your room cards at a buffet, they will automaticly deduct TS credits, and you can't have them simply charge the cash to your account?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter