can you park hop with disney rented evc?

hannymom

Mouseketeer
if we rent an electric scooter at the magic kingdom in the morning and decide to go to another park at night, will we just be able to show our receipt and get another one? or do you pay for each park?

yes. assuming there are any available. in the late afternoon/evening, all the ones used during the day will be dead and recharging so the possibility is fairly high that there will not be any available to pick up at the second park.

renting from offsite is usually cheaper and you can take it with you everywhere.

Don't know if this helps you, but I believe if they don't have a scooter, they will give you a wheelchair and call you if/when a scooter is available. This was just overheard from the guest ahead of me, when I was getting a wheelchair for DH.

if we rent an electric scooter at the magic kingdom in the morning and decide to go to another park at night, will we just be able to show our receipt and get another one? or do you pay for each park?
as other posters have said it will depend on if they have one at park you are going in evening. they do run out of ECVs at times. you can get a wheelchair with receipt if they are out. you did not ask but for others reading you can not take park rental ECV from one park to another

Believe me, you will never get one at the second park. We only visit during the slowest weeks of the year. Had to rely on a Disney rental in an emergency, and could not get one at second park. Took our phone number but it was several hours before they called with one available, and we were almost ready to leave the park.

I parked hopped the first time I rented an ECV in the parks and was lucky and got the last one left at the 2nd park (Epcot). It was in October so not a high crowd time of year. After someone returns one they charge them before renting them out to someone else. Also, you have to pay the deposit at both parks, which you of course get back.

it is also worth noting that sometimes you can have a long way to walk from the buses to the rental counter and the resorts can be rather large. If you cannot walk a mile at least over the course of a couple hours, and stand both on the bus and at all the bus stops, you should have an ECV rental from off site. Also places like Disney Springs have ECV rentals, but not many and they are not necessarily near the bus stops.

assuming there are any available

1) Based upon the next park, this is a major issue/question/consideration.
2) If the ECVs are gone at the next park, you are simply out of luck.
3) At ALL parks, it is first-come-first-served for ECV and wheelchair rentals.

Not sure if you're staying on or off property, but.. Just an FYI, I had to rent one & chose a company off property that delivered to my resort (on property) & was very glad I did! It was a better value & I received great service. I'm pretty sure there are companies that also deliver/pick up at off property hotels as well.

Walker Mobility will deliver to off site hotels but you must be there to meet them. They do not like to leave the ECV with bell services on smaller hotels. Not sure why. Same with pick up. Call to see what their current policy is on place you are staying. I would rent from an offsite vendor before using a Disney ECV and attempting to park hop.

Also, you have to pay the deposit at both parks, which you of course get back.
To clarify, you get the deposit back at the first park when you return the ECV, then pay it again at the second park. You don't pay a second rental charge when you present your receipt from the first rental.
They do not like to leave the ECV with bell services on smaller hotels. Not sure why.
Walker (and several other often-used and well-recommended companies) has opted not to pay the fee to be a Featured Provider. They thus can't use Bell Services as a drop point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!