Can You Negotiate On Price?

Can_Dannn

Mouseketeer
Wondering if that has ever been tried?
I would LOVE to own at Riviera, but will not purchase direct due to resale restrictions (which I'm sure of the general opinion as well)
BUT - was wondering about being gutsy, calling my guide and saying we will purchase 150 direct points right now for [say] 160$/point - cash payment

Wonder what the response would be?

Wondering if that has ever been tried?
I would LOVE to own at Riviera, but will not purchase direct due to resale restrictions (which I'm sure of the general opinion as well)
BUT - was wondering about being gutsy, calling my guide and saying we will purchase 150 direct points right now for [say] 160$/point - cash payment

Wonder what the response would be?
I am pretty sure playing hard ball with them will work as long as you are offering more than the asking price.

I bet they would negotiate the developer incentives on 4000 points. But they will laugh at 150 points and trying to negotiate.

What do you mean by that? I don’t understand what you are saying.

I assume they mean they might work with you if you going to buy a ton of points. If you are only buying 150 points they will not bother negotiating.

I assume they mean they might work with you if you going to buy a ton of points. If you are only buying 150 points they will not bother negotiating.
I’m certain they won’t reduce the price of the points. That said, they may have an incentive program for super high point buyers that is largely unknown to the rest of us. Effectively that does reduce point costs, but it is still non negotiable. If the incentive number exists, it will not change through negotiation.

I bet they would negotiate the developer incentives on 4000 points. But they will laugh at 150 points and trying to negotiate.

No, I don't believe they would. The incentives would be different and may not be published but they will have a fixed figure for that and still won't deviate until a point that the promotions themselves change.

Disney doesn’t do different deals for different people. They, of course, do increase incentives based on points bought, but other than that, they are not going to deviate, They don’t have to. Sales are strong enough for them.

If they were not, they wouldn’t be charging what they are charging now for direct points!

What do you mean by that? I don’t understand what you are saying.

I’m saying if you call and say you will spend $750K on Riviera points, they would be willing to increase the developer incentive.

I’m not in a financial position to try it. So it’s just conjecture.

Disney doesn’t do different deals for different people. They, of course, do increase incentives based on points bought, but other than that, they are not going to deviate, They don’t have to. Sales are strong enough for them.

If they were not, they wouldn’t be charging what they are charging now for direct points!

They already do different deals for different people. It’s why the sliding scales for the developer incentives exist.

The current incentives plateau at 1000 points. Because who buys more than that at one time? No need to list a higher incentive. But I bet if you have the $750K for 4000 points, you’ll get a better deal than the people buying just 1000 points. For the same reason you get a better discount buying 1000 vs 100.

They already do different deals for different people. It’s why the sliding scales for the developer incentives exist.

The current incentives plateau at 1000 points. Because who buys more than that at one time? No need to list a higher incentive. But I bet if you have the $750K for 4000 points, you’ll get a better deal than the people buying just 1000 points. For the same reason you get a better discount buying 1000 vs 100.

Maybe the caveat should be that they don't do different deals for different people BELOW a certain points threshold LOL. When you're buying the amount of points that an average vacationer would use yearly or less, there's no reason to offer any truly enticing incentives.

The point is they don't do different deals to different people that are buying the same amount of points. Buying 100 points and buying 1000 points is not the same but they do have the plan for what they offer for the 1000 points and it will not vary depending on who calls in. Joe and Tina both call in and want to buy 1000 points? Joe offers to pay that amount but wants 1100 points for the same price? He will end up with the 1000 points for the same amount that Tina will.

The incentives that Disney gives, though, as I said, is based on the number of points bought, eligible to everyone. That is not making a different deal for different people since everyone who decides to buy that level of points will qualify.

What I meant by different deals for different people was that if you and I both wanted to buy 1000 points, we will pay the same amount. I would not be able to negotiate a better deal than you.

I wonder what they'd do if you paid for 4000 points in straight cash.

I've always wanted to walk in with a briefcase and do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!