Can you go to Halloween Party at WDW without a costume?

ottawamom

The "Air Miles" Lady
Heading to Orlando next week. Will be visiting Universal but just thought about adding the Halloween party on Friday night to our trip. I don't have costumes. Do people go without costumes or will we stand out like sore thumbs?

Heading to Orlando next week. Will be visiting Universal but just thought about adding the Halloween party on Friday night to our trip. I don't have costumes. Do people go without costumes or will we stand out like sore thumbs?
Problem solved ...
upload_2017-9-20_12-54-6.jpeg
Not sure if you're close to a Giant Tiger or not but we picked up some cute Halloween t shirts a couple of years ago for $10 each around this time and mine was a Minion dressed as a Ghost. Also not sure if it's too early yet!

Have a blast, that's a great way to get a Disney fix! I agree that you won't be the only non-costumed ones

Now all I need to do is convince DH to go. He was hoping to have a Disney free trip to Orlando (bah humbug!). We'll have to see how convincing I can be:cheer2:. Will definitely head off to GT Boutique and see what I can find.

Now all I need to do is convince DH to go. He was hoping to have a Disney free trip to Orlando (bah humbug!). We'll have to see how convincing I can be:cheer2:. Will definitely head off to GT Boutique and see what I can find.

Oh I hope you are able to talk the hubs into MNSSHP, it is such a blast! The trick or treating brings out the kid in you and the walk on rides are THE BEST!!!!

Last edited:
We went to two parties and only had costumes for the first. We loved the walk on rides! It was great.

You definitely don't need a costume. If you have a chance to go DO IT. So much fun. The parade is the best!

It's sounds soooo tempting. Can I wait and see and pick up tickets Thursday for Fridays party at Disney Springs Guest Services or do I have to call and order them? Want to make sure some rogue hurricane doesn't spoil things. If it sells out before then I guess it wasn't meant to be.

It's sounds soooo tempting. Can I wait and see and pick up tickets Thursday for Fridays party at Disney Springs Guest Services or do I have to call and order them? Want to make sure some rogue hurricane doesn't spoil things. If it sells out before then I guess it wasn't meant to be.
I read yesterday that all this years Halloween parties are already sold out

Someone shared this in a FB group .... Dollarama $4.00 you could be the best dressed not dressed :P
21616463_10159367237545720_1236734308452523866_n.jpg

The crafty/quilting side of me took over this afternoon. I went to Giant Tiger, picked up a t-shirt for DH. Didn't like the way any of the t-shirts fit me (diet after Disney) so I picked up a kids t-shirt and proceeded to make a Minnie Mouse head out of it. Halloween from the front of the t-shirt was the main part of the head and the back was used to make the ears. Appliqued in place. Then I went to another Dollar store and picked up a glittery orange kids skirt. Used that to make a bow to adorn Minnie's head and used the rest of it to cover the bow on my Minnie ears.

I'll have DH take a picture when we're at the party and post back here later. Thanks for all the ideas.

Your going to have a great time. Dont forget you can enter the park at 4pm and start riding or eating. We have always opted for easy costumes. One year went as the Wiggles, coloured tshirts check. This past year I went as Smee, striped tshirt and shorts, checkcheck. Always fun to even put on simple things. Great great parade, we sometimes watch it twice, fireworks. and My youngest just only got off Splash when she needed to go splash herself, otherwise she was allowed to stay in the same boat and keep riding.

Dont forget you can enter the park at 4pm and start riding or eating. .

YES @ottawamom -this is really important and keep in mind you dont want to be hitting the parking lot at 4, you want to be at the front gate turnstiles at 4 so that you can get the best value for your buck.
Take the monorail or boat time into consideration as well. I find the best plan is to have a light breakfast and then a huge lunch outside of MK and then hit the park full and ready to roll.
Not everything is open during MNSSHP so make sure you are ok with QS or have a plan in place for food. My hubby gets hangry real easy so this is something I always need to consider.

Your going to have a great time. Dont forget you can enter the park at 4pm and start riding or eating. We have always opted for easy costumes. One year went as the Wiggles, coloured tshirts check. This past year I went as Smee, striped tshirt and shorts, checkcheck. Always fun to even put on simple things. Great great parade, we sometimes watch it twice, fireworks. and My youngest just only got off Splash when she needed to go splash herself, otherwise she was allowed to stay in the same boat and keep riding.

The wiggles is a great idea! and Mr. Smee is perfect!!!
We went one year as the Incredibles and then one year as the band KISS. It was great until it rained and my full face makeup ended up in my contacts-man, it was pretty blurry from then on hahaha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!