Can you get the DDE w/o an annual pass?

Martinvols

Mouseketeer
If you are a DVC member? Is an annual pass a requirement for purchasing a DDE? If so, can we purchase a DDE without actually activating our annual pass? We have annual pass vouchers; however, I am thinking about not activating these until 2007. For our 2006 trip, I am thinking about using 3 or 4 day park hoppers. But, for the 2006 trip, I want to purchase DDE and was hoping to save activation of my annual pass until 2007. What are my options? Here is our dilemna -- We purchase annual passes early in 2005 for our 2006 vacation. We purchased these annual passes not knowing if we would be DVC members. Then, in September, we purchased through DVC. Now, we have 4 annual pass vouchers which have not been activated, originally purchased for approx. $1,600. I am hoping to talk with member services and have them give us 3 or 4 day park hoppers in addition to giving us new annual passes at the lower DVC rate. That is my dilemna --- Having $1,600 in annual pass vouchers and wishing that Disney would let us trade these in for lower priced annual passes and giving us 3 day park hoppers for essentially free. I know from previous posts that several have indicated they believed that Disney would upgrade our annual passes to premium annual passes for free now that we are DVC members. But, I would prefer to get 3 day park hoppers instead of upgrading to a Premium Annual Pass. I need to get your thoughts --- what are my chances??? Thanks!

To answer your basic question -- can I get the DDE without being an AP holder - No. Only two groups of people are currently eligible for DDE -- Florida residents, who pay $75; and AP holders, who pay $50.

Having said that, I'd be willing to bet that if you just called and gave them one of the AP voucher numbers, they'd sell you the DDE. I'd venture to say that most people probably buy the DDE prior to activating the AP. I'd say you ARE an AP holder, whether you've chosen to activate it or not -- you've paid for it.

DDE took the numbers off a PAP voucher when we ordered our card in March. I could not get the DDE with the numbers from the Willcall bar code. Sorry no info on what you could barter for the extra APs.

I am going with a group of 12 people in a Grand Villa in May. I think I read somewhere that there is a limit to the number of people at the table? I've also read here and there about "grand gatherings" but I couldn't find it. Is there someplace that will help with large crowds? For instance, reservations at the restaurants, group photo, etc.

Martinvols said:
...(snip).... Now, we have 4 annual pass vouchers which have not been activated, originally purchased for approx. $1,600. I am hoping to talk with member services and have them give us 3 or 4 day park hoppers in addition to giving us new annual passes at the lower DVC rate. That is my dilemna --- Having $1,600 in annual pass vouchers and wishing that Disney would let us trade these in for lower priced annual passes and giving us 3 day park hoppers for essentially free. I know from previous posts that several have indicated they believed that Disney would upgrade our annual passes to premium annual passes for free now that we are DVC members. But, I would prefer to get 3 day park hoppers instead of upgrading to a Premium Annual Pass. I need to get your thoughts --- what are my chances??? Thanks!
My understanding is that vouchers are essentially a "gift certificate". You can do what you would like to do - use them to purchase a DVC-discounted AP and then use the remainder of the voucher value towards the purchase of other types of tickets. You will not get a cash refund for any portion of the voucher that may remain after the transaction.

None of the resorts can handle any transaction that involves APs. If I were doing this, I'd do it at the Guest Relations office located in the MarketPlace section of Downtown Disney. The CMs there are reported to be especially knowledable and guest-friendly. Since this transaction make take a while, you won't have a lot of people anxiously waiting behind you to get into a park either.

Best wishes -

You can get the DDE with the voucher, even if you don't activate the voucher during the entire year you own the DDE. And I bet once you are a member you are allowed to keep renewing without any type of pass remaining.

What is the guest relations office at DTD near? All the times I have been there I never noticed it and now this trip it looks like I will be using it to pick up my AP's. Also anyone know the hours they are open?

castleri said:
What is the guest relations office at DTD near? All the times I have been there I never noticed it and now this trip it looks like I will be using it to pick up my AP's. Also anyone know the hours they are open?

I was just sitting here wondering the same thing!

While I'm not sure of the hours, Guest Relations is in two locations at DTD. One is over on the Westside in a kiosk near the entrance to PI. The Marketplace location is IN the building with Team Disney, next to the area that will custom paint T-shirts. You can walk thru either Team Disney or Swarovski (sp) Crystal to reach it.

They are probably open until 11:00 or 11:30 at night.

HTH

I ordered the DDE card with just the AP voucher numbers, too. No problem.

DisFlan

rigsby25 card is good for 10 . Saved over $600 with family of 10 in May. :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter