Can you get a DAS card outside parks while in line for RD?

mgellman

Earning My Ears
We last went in 2015 and I seem to remember that we got lucky and there was some sort of GR that was accessible while we were waiting in line outside MK for RD, We are going in October and I would hate to miss precious time right after we enter with RD to wait in line at GR. I guess the other option is just to RD and then when you have a lull in your day and crowds are larger at attractions, head over to GR.

RD has changed at MK. They now allow everyone in to Main Street an hour before park opening, then they have the welcome show at the Castle instead of the train station. We had no problems getting there an hour before opening and getting the DAS before rope drop.

but do not forget that if you do get the DAS after the park opens you can ask for a return time and then go to your first attraction and by the time you get there your return time is ready to ride

but there are times ( like when they are busy with ticket problems before the parks open) that they will ask you to get your DAS inside the park, so just be prepared for this if you do try and get it before park opens
Yes.
This is a possibility. The only place Disney lists for requesting DAS is Guest Relations inside the 4 Theme Parks.

If you have already had the DAS in 2015 it should be on your file in Disney's computers. Just ask them to re-link it to your magic band so it should not take very long.
I'm planning to go to GR outside MK on arrival day (not a park day) to do just that so that I'm ready to go the next morning.

but there are times ( like when they are busy with ticket problems before the parks open) that they will ask you to get your DAS inside the park, so just be prepared for this if you do try and get it before park opens
I understand their policy’s , but I been for rope drop, meaning I been the very first on the guest relations line and never been declined.

I understand their policy’s , but I been for rope drop, meaning I been the very first on the guest relations line and never been declined.
I know people that have been denied a DAS from the outside guest relation when they ask before park opens but since they open MK ( and all other parks but EPCOT early and let you in the front part of the park you can get your DAS before the park opens

don't know about MK but I always get my son's DAS pass from the IG at Epcot I find it quick, easy and quiet.

Also you can either get it in the morning before the park opens or the night before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter