Can you get a DAS card at Disney Springs guest relations?

CJK

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! I'm helping some friends plan their trip. One of the kids is on the spectrum and will require a DAS card. Can you register for one in Disney Springs the day before their first park day, or must this be done at guest relations in the parks? TIA!

You can't get one at Disney springs. Some people have been able to get one at guest relations right outside the maingate, but that is hit or miss, sometimes the can do it and other times they cant

Reactions: CJK
Hi everyone! I'm helping some friends plan their trip. One of the kids is on the spectrum and will require a DAS card. Can you register for one in Disney Springs the day before their first park day, or must this be done at guest relations in the parks? TIA!

It's also not a card - it is put onto the ticket media, so they would have to have their tickets before they request a DAS. And everyone would have to have their ticket media available.

No, only at the main parks. You can do it at Guest Relations outside. We always have done it that way.

What uf it is a EMH morning? Our first morning will be and I’m worried I’ll lose all the”extra “ time in a line

Well, they could try going to Guest Relations outside park the night before.

I always figured that if it was hard for a young child to wait in a queue for an attraction, then it would be torture to go to a park, wait in a queue at guest services outside of a park, get the DAS, and then have to leave the park without even going in.

What uf it is a EMH morning? Our first morning will be and I’m worried I’ll lose all the”extra “ time in a line

The wait will not be an hour long.

Length of line at Guest Relations will depend on how many others have issues to take up with GR early that morning as well. One option is to do EMH without the DAS, then circle back to GR after regular opening when the crowds start. Ride queues should be short during EMH.

Enjoy your vacation!

I always figured that if it was hard for a young child to wait in a queue for an attraction, then it would be torture to go to a park, wait in a queue at guest services outside of a park, get the DAS, and then have to leave the park without even going in.

The wait will not be an hour long.

I get that but I also have other older kids who sacrifice a lot for their little brother.. just trying to keep everyone happy as a single mom.

FYI - we were at Magic Kingdom last week and DAS was now at the Chamber of Commerce (building immediately to your left when you walk in, before City Hall. It worked a lot better as there was only 1 family in front of us. Not sure if this is a new thing or if it's going to last.

They will give you a return time for your first ride if the park is opened so pick a ride with the longest wait like at the MK 7DMT and then once you have the DAS head to s different ride first.
We've been 3 times and they've never done that for us, although I have seen others say they were able to pick their first ride. I'm guessing it's one of those things that varies by CM

FYI - we were at Magic Kingdom last week and DAS was now at the Chamber of Commerce (building immediately to your left when you walk in, before City Hall. It worked a lot better as there was only 1 family in front of us. Not sure if this is a new thing or if it's going to last.
They have been doing this for a few years in the morning so that people that need a DAS can get it without much of a long wait.

We've been 3 times and they've never done that for us, although I have seen others say they were able to pick their first ride. I'm guessing it's one of those things that varies by CM
The park has to be open not just the front where they let you in and half the time I have to ask the CM for a return time

They have been doing this for a few years in the morning so that people that need a DAS can get it without much of a long wait.
This was in the afternoon, so maybe they are moving it?

Last year we had to renew twice and both times were at City hall in the morning so it seems like they aren't consistent. I know everyone is surprised at that. ;)

This was in the afternoon, so maybe they are moving it?

Last year we had to renew twice and both times were at City hall in the morning so it seems like they aren't consistent. I know everyone is surprised at that. ;)
I hope they are moving where they are giving out the DAS as sometimes the wait is too much

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter