Can you freeze cold cuts?

H

Harley Chick

I had an open house yesterday for New Years, and only a few people showed. I've got a ton of food leftover, mostly cold cuts. Can they be frozen? If so, how long will they last in the freezer?
Thanks.

I've frozen them, but only do it in a pinch. They dry out really quickly - compared to full cuts of meat. I don't keep it for more than about a month. It's best to use defrosted cold cuts in recipes as opposed to sandwiches when possible.

e.g. use cooked/boiled ham types in omlettes, cut small & thrown in scrambled eggs, cut into strips & put in macaroni and cheese. If you have a food grinder, you could use that to make ham salad.

d

I'm with piratesmate on this one...:) be really careful, especially if they have been out in the air. You could make quiche too... you can use up the cheese and the meat! :)

I've frozen ham from Sams with no problem, but it was still sealed in the package, and only for about a week.

Good luck! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter