can you compare Flyin fish and Fulton's?

dts718

Mouseketeer
I know the menu items are quite different, but they're both seafood and high end, so how do they compare/rate? Keep in mind that we're from the coast of Maine and are used to really good seafood! Not trying to sound snobby about seafood, but we will only be able to do one of these and are trying to figure out which one is really worth it.
Thanks for your input!

Being from Fla I am very picky about my seafood. I have tried Fultons and listend to others on these boards who agree that it is not one of the better restaurants on property. I was not impressed with the value of the food. They also do my restaurant pet peave which is tables too close together.

The difference with Flying Fish is it is a "fine dining" restaurant. The food is incredible and worth the $$. Think Cal Grill but with a seafood theme. Dinner there was relaxing and the service was wonderful.

Thanks Grumpy92,
I think we are leaning towards Flyin' Fish anyway since Fulton's menu seems like a lot of the food we can get around here all the time but for less money (of course). New question: Flyin' Fish or Jiko's? We're basically gonna have one outing to ourselves for a romantic dinner without the kids and aren't sure which to pick! Or any other suggestions out there?

Flyin' fish is great my new favorite-great food & wonderful service but, if I was going for romantic I think I would pick Jiko's. FF is well, loud and there are a lot of business type groups there, it was not our romatic dinner.

Kae

I absolutely loved Fulton's. It is a little expensive but the quality of food was excellent and they do give you a ton of food. My dbf is a big eater and was actually mad at himself because he couldn't finish the crab legs.

I would pick Jiko, we have eaten here many times and really love it. The beef tenderloin w/ macroni & cheese is a great dish. If you have never tried California Grill it is also very romantic spot for dinner.

We have dined at Fulton's, Flying Fish and Jiko. I think Jiko is probably what your looking for. (I like all the restaurants you're looking at, BTW!)

Cant go wrong with either jiko or flying fish. Jiko is a little lower key/quieter. Fultons is the only place the wife and I have ever gone to, in our past 10 years of going down ,that we have never revisited after the first experience

Originally posted by Ron from Michigan
I would pick Jiko, we have eaten here many times and really love it. The beef tenderloin w/ macroni & cheese is a great dish.

I second this entirely. Jiko is our favorite restaurant on property and the tenderloin w/mac & cheese is awesome. Also, Jiko is a little quieter than FF (or Cal Grill) and, thus, a nicer place for a romantic dinner for two.

Both Jiko & Flying Fish are very good. Service at both locations was wonderful. We did enjoy the little river view at Jiko and our waiter made excellent recommendations, especially a S African wine.

You might want to take a look at the menus site and see which one sounds more like your taste.

The menus at both places look incredible, but I think we're probably leaning towards Jiko's just because it seems like a more unique over all experience. Maybe we'll still do lunch at FF with the family just to check it out...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter