Can you change my name?

JSagitas

Earning My Ears
Would I be able to have my forum name changed to JoEss? I think I pm'd you yesterday, but I'm not sure I actually know how to do that. Thanks for your help.

Would I be able to have my forum name changed to JoEss? I think I pm'd you yesterday, but I'm not sure I actually know how to do that. Thanks for your help.
Once you've selected a username, it's permanent. If you want to use a different one, you can create a new account with that name. One note, if you go that route, you must change the email address on the old account before creating the new account using the same email. You can only have one account per email address.

On occasion, if you have a good reason, a moderator may be able to help with an actual name change.

We don't really change names. You can create a new account and assign your current email to it. For the account you don't want to use anymore you can assign an old email, or fake one to it.

I didn't realize I was creating a username. Can I get help fixing it so it isn't my personal name?
Once you've set up your account, you can't change your username - on that account.

What you can do is go into your account information and put in a dummy email address to be tied to that account. Then create a new account, with a different username. You can only have one account per email address.

Once you've done that, just ignore any posts on thread that you may have posted on under that username. Eventually it will drop off the first page and into oblivion.

Ok, I understand all of this, but can anyone tell me why? Changing usernames does not seem like it would be that much of a big deal... Is there are precedent I am not aware of that was the reason for this? Or is it simply just the way DIS does things?

That is the way it is at the DIS. We recommend you start with a name that you'd like to use on the boards, and just not post under this one if you do not want to use it anymore.

Ok, I understand all of this, but can anyone tell me why? Changing usernames does not seem like it would be that much of a big deal... Is there are precedent I am not aware of that was the reason for this? Or is it simply just the way DIS does things?
I know you got an answer, but it's not just DIS. I'm on another forum that also doesn't allow name changes, unless you submit a request to a moderator/administrator and give the like 3 options of names to change it to, with the reason you want to change it.

I did not realize that by typing in my name, it would be my user name....I really don't want my full name out there is there any way to close this account? Thank you.

I did not realize that by typing in my name, it would be my user name....I really don't want my full name out there is there any way to close this account? Thank you.

Just stop posting to this account and open one under a name you prefer to use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!