Can you book a trip with more the 50% borrowed points inside 7 days?

DSLRuser

Age is a state of mind
The statement says if your trip is over 7 days, it will be cancelled.

We have a studio booked in 19 days. At 6 days out.....can I upgrade that to a 1 or 2 bed room using more than 50% borrowed points? If available.

I don't think so, from what I hear that is a hard limit right now until they change the rule back.

That's not what it says (unless I'm missing a notice somewhere). It says that if you make a reservation that causes you to borrow greater than 50% that the reservation will be cancelled within 7 days. I believe they have since updated the system to not allow you to borrow greater than 50%. At the beginning the system did not have that built in so they had to go through and cancel those reservations that caused greater than 50% of your future points to be borrowed (that's what could take 7 days). The 50% is a hard cap.

No, you can not borrow more than 50% of each contract. If you had borrowed more than that prior to April 24th, those are grandfathered in.

But, I agree that it no longer allows more than 50% as when it shows up as a choice of how many one can borrow, it is half of 5e contract.

Once you are within 7 days, I think it's worth a call to ask. Seems a reasonable request to grant rather than let a room go empty. Good luck!

Once you are within 7 days, I think it's worth a call to ask. Seems a reasonable request to grant rather than let a room go empty. Good luck!
I agree - I get why the cap is there but I actually think the rule should be if you book 29 days or less out you should be able to borrow as much as you want if there is availability. Seems pointless to cap last minute trips to me.

I agree - I get why the cap is there but I actually think the rule should be if you book 29 days or less out you should be able to borrow as much as you want if there is availability. Seems pointless to cap last minute trips to me.

That would be asking for common sense and effort. If someone at dvc had the lights on right now theyd notice the booking trends as a way to offload excess points....unfortunately their leadership doesnt even understand the product.

IMO, the problem with this is that they’d have to find a way to prevent an owner from being able to modify that trip so not to get around the rule,

Right now, if I book a trip next week, and the system let me borrow, there is nothing there to prevent me from the next day, modifying it with the borrowed points to a date say 6 months out.

So, IT would have to adjust it so last minute trips are locked in somehow. Not sure that is easy to do or worth the time if this is a short term limitation,

I agree it would be a great way to use up points for sure!

The"within 7 days" means that sometime in the next 7 days, your reservation would be cancelled as it was in violation of the temporary policy. Could be tomorrow, or the next day, etc. But I noticed today that the system will not allow you to borrow more than 50% now (before it would still allow to borrow up to 100%; you just had to be careful and do the math yourself).

The"within 7 days" means that sometime in the next 7 days, your reservation would be cancelled as it was in violation of the temporary policy. Could be tomorrow, or the next day, etc. But I noticed today that the system will not allow you to borrow more than 50% now (before it would still allow to borrow up to 100%; you just had to be careful and do the math yourself).
I agree. The program will allow you to borrow over 50%. Then within 7 days it is checked and if over 50% it gets canceled

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!