Can you add a day at the park?

Nicole Murphy

Earning My Ears
Hi there, so I have purchased 3 day park hopper tickets for my boyfriend and myself. However, now we would like to add another day, making it 4 days all together. We will be spending this extra day just at Hollywood Studios, so we will not need park hopper for this ticket.

What is the best way to go about this? Can I just purchase a ticket for HS and add it to MDE? I read on the Disney website that you need to do this in person at guest services or at the hotel in order to add the ticket to your magic band, but I would like to purchase these tickets ahead of time so that I can reserved FP before we go. Any advice?

Adding a fourth day to your current 3 day tickets would be the least expensive option. The fourth day would automatically include hopping since hopping is for the entire length of the ticket. If you buy a one day base ticket for just one park (no hopper) it would be $23-$43 more expensive than adding the fourth day to your current 3 day hoppers.

How & where you bought your three day tickets will determine your options:
IF you have a package (room + tickets) you can call whomever you used to make the reservation (Disney or a travel agent) and add the fourth day to your tickets now.
If you purchased the tickets from Disney, but separately from your room/resort reservation you can call ticketing and they might be able to add a fourth day.
IF you purchased the tickets separately from a third party source you will have to wait until you arrive in DW to add the fourth day and you won't be able to make FP until then.

There is a ticket sticky on the Theme Parks and Attractions board - Post 5 is about upgrading tickets:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-at-wdw.3570721/#post-56958170

Thanks guys! I did call ticketing and they were able to add another day making the tickets 4 day with park hopper. You were right about the one day base ticket being more expensive, we saved $40 per ticket just by upgrading to 4 day park hopper tickets!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!