Can we start the HHN annual thread yet?

I’m all for that!

Never too soon to start a HHN thread............

If Mac says it’s ok I’d be happy to start a thread and keep it running.........

Oh good. I'm not the only one already planning for this year. I have been listening to old HHN podcasts from the Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast/Deadman's Digest.

Any guesses on the 2018 dates yet?
It’s out there but not etched in stone yet
I’m still checking out the permits

Mid September start up again this year for hhn

For years I do a sticky for hhn, “when will you be there” type of thread

It helps others to find who else will be attending hhn when you go

And makes it possible to plan some meet ups for a quick introduction to others and possibly do some houses with others

I have meet many wonderful peeps at hhn
Having a hhn date thread is the best way to connect with others

Anyone can create a HHN rumor/speculation/discussion thread

That’s never a problem to discuss and share this exciting event

Keishashadow for the past few years has done the hhn thread
I sticky it and keep it at the top of the page until the hhn is over

She has set up the info for all events in the park for hhn
Keisha starts it once uo releases the first official info for the event

She includes houses, zones, etc

I’ll send her a pm and make sure she will be continuing it again for 2018

Really hoping to go this year. We have APs for the first time ever, so that takes away one excuse ;)

Just hope we can make the dates work out with work schedules.

Really hoping to go this year. We have APs for the first time ever, so that takes away one excuse ;)

Just hope we can make the dates work out with work schedules.
What works for me is to book an onsite hotel so easy to go back to my room when the park closes

Columbus Day weekend will have sell outs for some of the onsite hotels
Weekends can be busy and crowded

If you plan to do a weekend for hhn, book early
Closer to the event can’t book a single Friday night unless you include Saturday night stay

Any guesses on the 2018 dates yet?

Probably Friday, sept 14th thru Saturday, Nov 3rd.

Any longer and the scareactors would get decidedly burnt out IMO.

For those that haven’t booked onsite property yet...

A) Book something as a placeholder, checked yesterday, my saturday night @ SF has risen by $50+ since I booked last October

B) Weekends are blacked out for the complimentary platinum upgrade to suites, however the dining credit still holds

Looking forward to this thread starting this year Keisha..........

I’m hoping for a massive improvement to last year’s event.........although it was still fun, it just lacked something.....

I’m all for starting an HHN thread too!

We decided to do a long weekend again like last year. 2 weeks ago we booked our hotel for (what we hope is) the opening weekend (weekend of the 14th) and last week flights opened up and I asked my boss for the time off.

Can you tell I’m already very excited for HHN? :rotfl:

I am getting very excited for it too. A little apprehensive though, because it will be DS first year. He's 12. I know some would say that's too early, so I am still questioning if we should go. He has seen most of the movies that the houses and scarezones for the past few years are based upon and wasn't bothered. He doesn't really scare easily and loves when he does get scared. I remember watching many horror movies, Friday the 13th and Halloween era, in elementary school. I actually loved them, but I know that HHN is a step up.

I’m all for starting an HHN thread too!

We decided to do a long weekend again like last year. 2 weeks ago we booked our hotel for (what we hope is) the opening weekend (weekend of the 14th) and last week flights opened up and I asked my boss for the time off.

Can you tell I’m already very excited for HHN? :rotfl:

Us too!!!

We arrive on the 13th hoping it is going to be the 14th it starts.........

I am getting very excited for it too. A little apprehensive though, because it will be DS first year. He's 12. I know some would say that's too early, so I am still questioning if we should go. He has seen most of the movies that the houses and scarezones for the past few years are based upon and wasn't bothered. He doesn't really scare easily and loves when he does get scared. I remember watching many horror movies, Friday the 13th and Halloween era, in elementary school. I actually loved them, but I know that HHN is a step up.

Our son was 13 the first time we went.....our very first trip to Orlando.......

He was fine as he’s never been bothered by scary anything!!

If he can handle the more adult atmosphere he’ll be fine, Kyle just laughed at some of the sights you saw then......the bloodbag girls were dressed very provocatively back then.........it’s the younger kids we hate seeing.......including in strollers and some of toddler ages........not nice to see at all.

I do wish Universal would put an official age limit, but of course they won’t as they’d lose a lot of folks that do bring children and babies.

Our son was 13 the first time we went.....our very first trip to Orlando.......

He was fine as he’s never been bothered by scary anything!!

If he can handle the more adult atmosphere he’ll be fine, Kyle just laughed at some of the sights you saw then......the bloodbag girls were dressed very provocatively back then.........it’s the younger kids we hate seeing.......including in strollers and some of toddler ages........not nice to see at all.

I do wish Universal would put an official age limit, but of course they won’t as they’d lose a lot of folks that do bring children and babies.

Thanks. I remember when DS was 4 or 5 and watched Dr Who. He would say that the Cybermen or weeping angels were scary. I would ask if he wanted to stop watching. He would just smile at me and say no:) I actually caught DS watching the Purge by himself at night the other night. Yesterday he was watching Trick R Treat. I think I am going to have him watch some of the videos and walk throughs of previous HHN houses and scare zones to see how he reacts.

I thought they had a suggested age of 13, but I don't know if that's official. I don't get bothered if DS sees provocative dress. We have all bodies and skin. I can't imagine bringing a little bitty one. Even if they don't really understand what they are seeing, I can imagine the sounds and noise would be disconcerting for them.

Thanks. I remember when DS was 4 or 5 and watched Dr Who. He would say that the Cybermen or weeping angels were scary. I would ask if he wanted to stop watching. He would just smile at me and say no:) I actually caught DS watching the Purge by himself at night the other night. Yesterday he was watching Trick R Treat. I think I am going to have him watch some of the videos and walk throughs of previous HHN houses and scare zones to see how he reacts.

I thought they had a suggested age of 13, but I don't know if that's official. I don't get bothered if DS sees provocative dress. We have all bodies and skin. I can't imagine bringing a little bitty one. Even if they don't really understand what they are seeing, I can imagine the sounds and noise would be disconcerting for them.

Yes, 13 is an advisory age only.

He’ll be fine by the sounds of it.........oh I remember being afraid of the cyber men when I was around 7......and Dr Who was a genuine children’s tv programme then!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter