"Can We Sneak Out of Spirit of Aloha?"

I k

I know I have 3 years but I am still worried. She is stubborn and an extreme over planner. People have mistaken my god daughter for one of my daughters because of her nature. If you ever think of any places we can try I am open. She wants a place that we have never been to before and that includes all the trips before she was born. We stay for 10 days at a time so there are not that many places we have not been to. I am sort of hoping that new restaurants will open that might interest her.
There will be the Galaxy's Edge restaurants and maybe the new space themed Epcot restaurant? Plus, isn't there going to be a new restaurant in the Japan pavilion? Lots of options! I understand the stubborn child quandary - I have one of my own!

I have many times wanted to do this thinking it cant be all that bad BUT I have been to a real Hawaiian Luau and I cant bring myself to book it, the thought is nice but It just doesn't seem worth it

Summer I had to post and thank you again. I suggested a trip to BBB where she could get the Rapunzel dress and the full make over and dinner at CRT and she immediately told me to change her birthday plans. I do have an excuse for being brain dead when it comes to girls. My excuse is I am a guy and a retired Marine at that. I do no understand girls and women.

Summer I had to post and thank you again. I suggested a trip to BBB where she could get the Rapunzel dress and the full make over and dinner at CRT and she immediately told me to change her birthday plans. I do have an excuse for being brain dead when it comes to girls. My excuse is I am a guy and a retired Marine at that. I do no understand girls and women.
I'm so happy that she willingly and happily changed her birthday plans. Just like you don't get girls and women, I don't get boys and men! My poor Hockey player husband lives in Estrogen Manor surrounded by the girliest girls there could be!

I'm so happy that she willingly and happily changed her birthday plans. Just like you don't get girls and women, I don't get boys and men! My poor Hockey player husband lives in Estrogen Manor surrounded by the girliest girls there could be!
Then he should understand my pain. I did not become a father until I was 40 and at the time my dining room table was a pool table. I had a pinball machine in the kitchen and even though I do not drink I kept a 14 gallon beer machine for friends and I had about 20 guns. Two years after Gwen everything is gone (including the guns babies and weapons do no go together) and my house is a refugee home for barbies and Build-A-Bears.

Thanks for this post! I was thinking about this for my trip coming up but we have been to a luau before in Hawaii so it sounds like this would only disappoint.

When our children were young, I am guessing 8 and 11, we took them to the Poly luau. My husband and I had been to a real luau in Hawaii a couple of times and we thought it would be like that and our children would enjoy it. Well, I thought the food was just ok, the kids would not eat it at all and the show was a disappointment. We did end up leaving early to go to Captain Cooks to get the kids burgers because they were hungry. That was many years ago and we have never gone back due to the reviews that continue to be less than stellar. I know dining and entertainment experiences are very subjective but we did not feel it was worth the money even back then.

What a shame! I enjoyed this as a teenager in the late 90's and figured I'd return one day. But it doesn't sound the same at all.

Went once in the 90's and never again. The food was just so-so even then, and the show barely enjoyable to us. Am surprised they're still around, but I guess it survives on all the newbies! Sounds so exotic!!

I don't think it is a secret that SOA is pretty awful.

Except for the fire dancer of course, the rest is quite painful. The only thing that dulls the pain is the alcohol.

Ha! Omg. This a hysterical post. I've had to sit through this show TWICE. First time it was a honeymoon "gift" from a family member, and the second time was for a huge family reunion. I hated the food, and the waitress was so slow with the drinks I think I had two the whole time.

We're planning our January trip my husband said "Hey! Do you think the kids would want to go to the Luau??" I like shrieked at him "NEVER AGAIN!" lolol

We did it last year and the only good thing was the plentiful Sangria - I think the waitress knew we were not enjoying the show.

We had a large group in front of us who couldn't keep in their seats and the food was Dire - def a once and done for us!

Went in 1998 and the awful food was a thing even then, though the entertainment was a *smidge* better than the current show, from the sounds of it (I don't remember a romantic storyline, but it's been 20 years). Probably the worst food we had on that entire trip. Glad to have done it once, buuuuuuuut.

Again we tried this on our recent trip...one and done! The fire dancing partially saves the whole event but not enough for us to go back. The food was just ok....again edible and plentiful. The cake for dessert was the most flavorful... We saw food service trucks in the parking lot after the show...I think they're bringing in prepared food.....Just not worth the money or time for us.

Went to it a few years ago, my 2 young daughters enjoyed it. I don’t remember the food being horrible, but not memorable either. I agree first half of show is a little dull. Last 3-4 acts are very entertaining though, especially fire dancer.

I don’t regret doing it but definitely no desire to do it again.

So grateful for this thread! My in laws had this as their only must do for our upcoming trip and while it’s their trip too and I want to to be magical for them as first timers, I just really don’t think this is worth the time and money. Especially for 10 of us including three younger boys who won’t want to sit still for this show. This thread gives me some great talking points to lean them back towards Ohana for our one big family meal.

So grateful for this thread! My in laws had this as their only must do for our upcoming trip and while it’s their trip too and I want to to be magical for them as first timers, I just really don’t think this is worth the time and money. Especially for 10 of us including three younger boys who won’t want to sit still for this show. This thread gives me some great talking points to lean them back towards Ohana for our one big family meal.

Happy to help. Gosh, it was truly awful. Just not up to the standards Disney normally has. Ohana will be fine for a group, but you may want to read some recent reviews. For an all you can eat, they sure take their time bringing around seconds. I was sorely disappointed and won't be back. Yall ought to consider Hoop De Do review. It's rousing fun and the food is fine too. I think the boys might like it better. Our 12 year old grand who was with us, was literally hiding under the table lest he get called out to go up front.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!