Can we please do one character meal?! A January '19 PTR! *TR Link Posted 2/12*

I love that Goofy movie shirt!!!!! So perfect!

Only one day at MK would be SO hard for me!! When I plan our trips, I'm always trying to squeeze in MK time for all parts of the day, so I get a chance to visit in the a.m., afternoon, and as many nights as possible LOL

I like what you have planned for the day. Sounds perfect.

I knew it was worth the splurge!

Ugh it's so hard for me! But compromise, right? I will be in Disney and that's all that matters!

Thank you!

Nathan also loves a Goofy Movie! :) That's a great shirt!

Nathan and my DBF sound pretty similar :)

Sounds like a good MK plan. I do enjoy BoG lunch, we will miss it this January.

Hopefully you will get a couple rides on Space for your DBF.

Thank you! I always look forward to lunch there, especially the Grey Stuff cupcake!

Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween! I sure missed not being in Disney this year for the Halloween season. But only 86 more days to go!

February 2nd- Departure Day :(

We will be taking an 8pm flight home so we can have some extra park time at DHS! I will make FPs for Slinky Dog, RNRC, and ToT again. Definitely will want to do TSMM again too! If we didn't get to do any of the character meets I wanted from our first day hopefully we can squeeze them in today.

I actually went ahead and made an ADR for lunch at Sci-Fi at 12:30pm. I figure we won't have a ton we want to get done and will have time for a quick sit down meal. But this could definitely end up on the chopping block so we'll see! We will need to head out of the park no later than 4pm to get back to the hotel for our MDE pickup :(

Today marks 99 days until our trip which means we can do the double digit dance!!!

Jim doesn't get the whole countdown thing either but that's what the DIS is for. We all understand here and will dance along with you! :dancer::banana:party::jumping1:

I definitely want to get there for rope drop so we can ride Alien Swirling Saucers and TSMM via standby!

You should be fine doing this. Everyone seems to head towards SDD at rope drop so the other two aren't too bad.

Vampirina starts meeting next week so I REALLY want to meet her! I also heard Mike & Sully are going to be coming back to DHS and I'd like to meet them too!

I saw them working on both of these meet and greet areas but neither was open yet last week.

The ultimate sacrifice I am making this trip is scheduling only one day at MK

This was us last week. :sad1: Well we did do two different days but neither was a full day. We did manage to get almost everything in we wanted except Peter Pan.

Even in the PTR, last day talk is sad!

I think we will be in Epcot on the same day as you, 1/28. Maybe we can say Hi!

We love Sci-Fi, it is one of our favorite places to sit, relax, and have a good burger.

Departure days stinks, but it's great that you got such a late flight. Plenty of park time before you have to leave!

Evie keeps asking about going on Alien Swirling Saucers, and I'm like, "Where did you even hear about that ride?!":rotfl2::rotfl:

I don't know where Delilah heard about Slinky Dog!! Maybe the commercials?! These girls can pull some stuff out of thin air. lol

That is so funny that both your kids already know about the new rides!! :rotfl2: They are all Disney planners in the making!

They really are!!

Only one MK day is tough, but I know you'll be able to make the best of the time you have there!!

Departure day is always a bummer, but at least you have a late flight so you can spend some time in the parks first before leaving! That softens the blow just a little bit.

Aww, departure day is just the saddest :( Looks like a good plan for it though!!

It is so sad just thinking about it! I love being able to go to a park though to say a final goodbye!
Jim doesn't get the whole countdown thing either but that's what the DIS is for. We all undertand here and will dance along with you! :dancer::banana:party::jumping1:

You should be fine doing this. Everyone seems to head towards SDD at rope drop so the other two aren't too bad.

I saw them working on both of these meet and greet areas but neither was open yet last week.

This was us last week. :sad1: Well we did do two different days but neither was a full day. We did manage to get almost everything in we wanted except Peter Pan.

Yes exactly!! Thank you for celebrating with me! :flower1:

Yeah as long as I do end up getting a SDD FP I think we will be ok! Hopefully that goes according to plan!

I am really excited for those 2 character meets. Though now I heard Wreck It Ralph & Vanellope are coming to Epcot and I need to see if I can find a way to squeeze that in too!

I'm not worried about fitting everything in but I will be sad to only see the castle for one day!

Even in the PTR, last day talk is sad!

I think we will be in Epcot on the same day as you, 1/28. Maybe we can say Hi!

We love Sci-Fi, it is one of our favorite places to sit, relax, and have a good burger.

I agree!!!

Oh yay! Hopefully we can arrange something then!! :banana:

I do hope we end up keeping that ADR. I went once when I was a kid and have fond memories of it!

Departure days stinks, but it's great that you got such a late flight. Plenty of park time before you have to leave!

Yes! It always helps when you have a little more time to play before going back to reality!

I don't know where Delilah heard about Slinky Dog!! Maybe the commercials?! These girls can pull some stuff out of thin air. lol

They really are!!

Only one MK day is tough, but I know you'll be able to make the best of the time you have there!!

Departure day is always a bummer, but at least you have a late flight so you can spend some time in the parks first before leaving! That softens the blow just a little bit.

That is too funny! :rotfl:

Yeah, I know we will be able to accomplish everything we want in one day so I'm not too worried. I will definitely make the best of it!

Getting some final park time definitely does soften the blow!

I actually went ahead and made an ADR for lunch at Sci-Fi at 12:30pm.
I love Sci-Fi! So much so that I've even done it twice solo... which is pretty darn awkward :rotfl:

Ugh, even writing about departure days is sad, isn't it!? And the trip hasn't even begun :sad2: The only bad thing about Disney is having to leave Disney ::yes:: But forget about that... because your trip is getting SO CLOSE!

I love Sci-Fi! So much so that I've even done it twice solo... which is pretty darn awkward :rotfl:

Ugh, even writing about departure days is sad, isn't it!? And the trip hasn't even begun :sad2: The only bad thing about Disney is having to leave Disney ::yes:: But forget about that... because your trip is getting SO CLOSE!

No judgements!! I'm glad to hear it's good!

It is sad to think about! But I'm focusing on how close the trip is! I'm almost at the 60 day mark and with the holidays approaching, the time is just going to fly by!

Not that I'm done posting the daily plans, I'm in a lull of what to post!

I'm starting to stock up on gift cards to pay for food & anything we want to buy while we are there.

So far I have $50 for myself that I received for my birthday, which will most likely go all towards pins :)

I also have $75 in Disney gift cards that I bought using money I earned on SwagBucks. Does anyone else here use that? It can be tedious but I find myself able to accumulate a decent amount of "bucks"! I'm already close to earning another $50 and hoping I'll get a little more before our trip gets here. I plan on using this extra money for meals and snacks which would help a lot!

I also have $75 in Disney gift cards that I bought using money I earned on SwagBucks. Does anyone else here use that? It can be tedious but I find myself able to accumulate a decent amount of "bucks"! I'm already close to earning another $50 and hoping I'll get a little more before our trip gets here. I plan on using this extra money for meals and snacks which would help a lot!
What is this swag bucks you speak of? I do tend to not bother with some of those sites. I have so many things to juggle but I am always intrested to hear about any way to save money.

I just bought a large amt. of Disney GC’s from BJ’s online and saved 8% so I was happy with that.
I have never tried swag-bucks but have heard of it.
I pay for everything with gc’s So I am always trying to buy at a discount from Target, Sam’s Club and now BJ’s. I heard about BJ’s here on the budget board!

I used to use Swagbucks and Ibotta and the Target Cartwheel app before I moved overseas. You're right, it can get old, remembering to use the apps and all, but you can't complain when the reward is free Disney money. :rotfl2: Just think about that Premium Mickey ice cream bar the next time you go to use it. :laughing:

I just bought a large amt. of Disney GC’s from BJ’s online and saved 8% so I was happy with that.
I have never tried swag-bucks but have heard of it.
I pay for everything with gc’s So I am always trying to buy at a discount from Target, Sam’s Club and now BJ’s. I heard about BJ’s here on the budget board!

OoO I didn't know BJs had discounts on the gift cards, will need to look into that. I usually go with Target since I have the red card. Thanks for the tip!

I used to use Swagbucks and Ibotta and the Target Cartwheel app before I moved overseas. You're right, it can get old, remembering to use the apps and all, but you can't complain when the reward is free Disney money. :rotfl2: Just think about that Premium Mickey ice cream bar the next time you go to use it. :laughing:

Exactly!! Mickey bars and dole whips for free? How can I complain! :rotfl2:

What is this swag bucks you speak of? I do tend to not bother with some of those sites. I have so many things to juggle but I am always intrested to hear about any way to save money.

I've never heard of Swag Bucks! Teach me! :)

I need to know about Swag Bucks too!

:rotfl2: SwagBucks 101! You sign up and there are several ways you can accumulate points- through shopping, watching videos, etc. I focus most of my time on the surveys. I will warn you, it's tedious. Many of the surveys you won't end up qualifying for after answering the preliminary questions. But if you can get through a couple a day (especially the ones valued at higher points), it can really start to accumulate! Once you get enough points, you can redeem them for gift cards (amazon, visa, target, walmart, etc.) If anyone ends up wanting to try it out, send me a DM and I'll pass along a referral link :)

I am all caught up! I am always so bad at looking at PTR!! Looks like you have a great trip planned!

I think you will really enjoy Coral Reef! The nostalgia of being where the TV shows were was enough for me to enjoy it!

I also feel like its smart that you saved the money and just got one park passes for USO! I havent ridden the train but its crazy how much they gouge you on prices there! Especially if you want the express pass too! I looked into going for one day for DH and I and it would have been $600 for the two of us!!! :earseek: Too rich for my blood :rotfl:

I can never seem to get SwagBucks to really ever accumulate to anything for me. Is there a secret to it?

If you do a lot of online shopping I would suggest checking out Ebates! Thats my favorite!

I am all caught up! I am always so bad at looking at PTR!! Looks like you have a great trip planned!

I think you will really enjoy Coral Reef! The nostalgia of being where the TV shows were was enough for me to enjoy it!

I also feel like its smart that you saved the money and just got one park passes for USO! I havent ridden the train but its crazy how much they gouge you on prices there! Especially if you want the express pass too! I looked into going for one day for DH and I and it would have been $600 for the two of us!!! :earseek: Too rich for my blood :rotfl:

I can never seem to get SwagBucks to really ever accumulate to anything for me. Is there a secret to it?

If you do a lot of online shopping I would suggest checking out Ebates! Thats my favorite!

That's ok! Thanks for reading along! :)

Yay glad to hear another positive vote for Coral Reef!

Universal is crazy expensive now!! Especially with that train! And you're right, the express pass is so much too! I'm totally fine skipping the train and saving some money lol

I love ebates! It's always my go-to when shopping and I love getting those big fat payments :) I don't think there's a secret to Swagbucks, maybe I'm just lucky! I focus a lot on the surveys and seem to get my bucks to add up that way.

Hey, if you call in and do a 20 minute phone tour for DVC, you can get a $40 virtual gift card. Legit and everything, got mine 2 days later and already applied toward my trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter