Can we make it? AK to Ohana's

plutosgirl

DIS Veteran
So excited that we were able to score Flights of Passage and Ohana's for the first day of our trip for my daughters college graduation!

I don't want to give up either and haven't been able to get either for another day.

The problem is our Fast Pass for FOP is for 6pm and Ohana's is for 6:50pm...if we get on the fastpass line right at 6pm what are our chances of making it to Ohana's in time for dinner? If we show up 10 minutes late would we lose our ADR?

Thanks!! :-)

It sounds like an awesome combination, but I would say there is no chance of making it to Ohana on time. If you leave FOP by 6:15 and basically run to the bus, you might be able to get to the Poly by 7:00pm, and that is really pushing it!

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Others may be able to advise how late you can be to ADR, but that is quite the contentious topic. My understanding is you have 15 minutes you can be late.

So excited that we were able to score Flights of Passage and Ohana's for the first day of our trip for my daughters college graduation!

I don't want to give up either and haven't been able to get either for another day.

The problem is our Fast Pass for FOP is for 6pm and Ohana's is for 6:50pm...if we get on the fastpass line right at 6pm what are our chances of making it to Ohana's in time for dinner? If we show up 10 minutes late would we lose our ADR?

I see that your trip is 55 days out. I would keep checking and trying to change that ressie for a little bit later. It doesn't seem likely you make it as it stands right now.

Unlikely you would make it to Ohana on time.

Enter the FoP line at 5:55, but sometimes the line and ride even with a FP the entire thing can take 30 min.

You can show up 10 min late to your adr no problem but I think you'll be later than that.

Try to get different times for either. But if you can't then I'd do FoP and as soon as you get off the ride call ohana and let them them know you'll be slightly late

I would say likely no. You have too many variables -FOP FP+ will still need a good bit of time and then to get to Ohana from AK via bus, you need to leave at least 30 min and that's if you don't wait too long for the bus. I would recommend using touring plans or mouse dining to help with Ohana dinner time ADRs. We were able to get Ohana breakfast less than 1 week out with mouse dining and was able to get BOG 3 days out. Up until the day of our meals, I was getting alerts about reservations that opened up. Just keep checking the app diligently and the other services and you will find a later ADR. I think you'll have better luck changing Ohana than FOP.

One other option is call for an uber or lyft the moment you get off FoP and then hustle to the exit. You're probably still going to be late to Ohana, but you have a better chance of getting there right on time or just a few minutes late.

You could try being late, but if I were in charge of the restaurant, it'd be frustrating to have to deal with tables getting backed up because someone knowingly over-scheduled themselves.

The considerate thing to do would be to keep trying to move one of them.

'Ohana is a busy restaurant, I wouldn't expect to show up more than 5-10 minutes late and still have the ADR honored. With ideal traffic flow, it's 15-20 minutes of driving from the pickup point at AK (Uber/Lyft) to the portico of the Polynesian. Figure in 10 mins to walk out of Pandora to the pickup spot, and some likely traffic on the road, and your best case is for 30-35 mins to get from FoP to the Poly (and that assumes your Lyft/Uber is waiting for you when you get to the pickup spot). Relying on a Disney bus, there's approximately 0% chance of doing it. You'll enjoy FoP a lot more knowing you don't have to make a mad dash once the ride is done! Keep trying for another ADR or FP+ timeslot.

During Thanksgiving week, we rode FOP twice and it took 1 hour from tapping our magic band at the entrance to stepping out of the store at the end - both times. There is a lot of walking before you get to the end of the line and there is a lot of walking after. Other people have made it through faster, but if you are trying to do something afterward - including another fast pass or a dining reservation in AK, you should be conservative in estimating how long it will take. And you have to account for the full time, including walking out of the ride.

After doing the ride twice, I can't see a way you could possibly get through it in 15 minutes. Even 30 seems unrealistic, but we did stand for almost 20 minutes without moving both times we rode. Note, the ride was not down at all.

It is very unlikely -- Even if you get in line 5 minutes before your time you might not get off the ride until close to 6:30 no way to even make it to Ohana even if you were to get a minnie van or uber. I think one is going to have to give. Hopefully you can get another FOP time -- it is a tough decision so i would keep staking and refreshing your ADR and FP - If it means that much keep checking multiple times a day.

Honestly if it were me i would give up ohana -- maybe try to get one of the AK resort restaurants (many state as some of the best restaurants on WDW property). But don't give up hope -- use the touring plans ADR finder, but make sure you get on the WDW ADR as soon as you get the notification.

It is very unlikely -- Even if you get in line 5 minutes before your time you might not get off the ride until close to 6:30 no way to even make it to Ohana even if you were to get a minnie van or uber. I think one is going to have to give. Hopefully you can get another FOP time -- it is a tough decision so i would keep staking and refreshing your ADR and FP - If it means that much keep checking multiple times a day.

Honestly if it were me i would give up ohana -- maybe try to get one of the AK resort restaurants (many state as some of the best restaurants on WDW property). But don't give up hope -- use the touring plans ADR finder, but make sure you get on the WDW ADR as soon as you get the notification.
Agree with this advice!

Mostly, I would hate to experience FOP while feeling rushed. I'd cancel (or try to get another ADR) for Ohana, so that you can really savor the experience of FOP.

HOLY SMOKES!! I just got Ohana's for another night!! What are the odds of that happening!! Thanks everyone. Now no stress getting there. We will stay right in AK go to Yak & Yeti and take our time before we even have to be in the Fast pass line!!

Disney magic!! :-)

One other option is call for an uber or lyft the moment you get off FoP and then hustle to the exit.
I we the OP's issue is resolved but still need to reply to this. It's not good advice. Riders need to be ready and waiting for the ride-hailing vehicle, or risk a no-show cancellation fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter