Can we have different numbers of tickets?

MudQueen22

DIS Veteran
My family (Dh, myself, and two kids) would like to plan a vacation at the campground with my inlaws and niece. We want to stay longer than they do. Can we purchase tickets for our own family for 7 park days, but only purchase 3 or 4 park days for them?
Wasn't sure if we all had to have the same numbers of tickets to stay at the campground together.

My family (Dh, myself, and two kids) would like to plan a vacation at the campground with my inlaws and niece. We want to stay longer than they do. Can we purchase tickets for our own family for 7 park days, but only purchase 3 or 4 park days for them?
Wasn't sure if we all had to have the same numbers of tickets to stay at the campground together.
If you book a package with disney, yes everyone on the reservation has the same number of days for tickets. You can book a campsite only and purchase tickets separately. You can purchase directly through disney or a website like undercover tourist.

If you want to book a package that includes the campsite and tickets, you would want to book the least number of tickets needed for your party. After arrival, you can add days to the tickets that need more days. The disadvantage to this is you don't get to book all the days of fp+ ahead of the trip.

Each of you can buy as few, or as many tickets as you wish, or none at all, if you prefer. They are not tied together in any way as long as you are booking a campsite as a 'room' and not a package.

A little different then what you are doing but we had 14 of us in total in 3 different cabins recently. We stayed for 9 nights (ended up adding 2 more nights) and 7 days of tickets and the other 2 cabins stayed for 6 nights with 4 days of tickets. As the others have mentioned above you can have different tickets BUT you can also plan together as long you you link everyone in MDE for. Although we didn't do everything together by linking everyone together we were able to book some meals and some fast passes together. So be sure to get everyone a MDE account and link everyone together. This also work with the Memory Maker as if everyone is linked you only need to buy it once.

If we buy the tickets separately will that make the tickets and/or the campsite cost more than if we book a package?
Also, I'm wanting for us to be able to have fast passes and dining reservations.

If we buy the tickets separately will that make the tickets and/or the campsite cost more than if we book a package?
Also, I'm wanting for us to be able to have fast passes and dining reservations.
The package doesn't save you money.
If you have a campsite only reservation, you get to book dining at 180 days before the start of your reservation. Tickets don't matter for dining. You'll want to have your tickets purchased and linked to your account before the 60 day mark when you can start booking fastpasses.

Last year I stayed at the fort for 3 weeks with my dog. I have an annual pass. My son and his girl friend flew in for the first week, then flew back to Illinois. My wife then flew in for the last week of the stay. We booked the site only, then bought the tickets separately. I was able to make fast passes for everybody just by adding them to My Disney Experience. The only problem with different length of stays is if you wanted to do the dining plan. That goes for the length of stay for the site reservation. So in my case everyone would have had 3 weeks of food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter