Can we get scooter back?

Kattabba

Earning My Ears
Planning on goin to Disney in August - my mom has back problems and we are want to rent a scooter at the parks for her. She is very mobile - just can't handle lots of walking -

So if we rent a scooter in the morning - go back for a nap - then go back to the park - can we get another scooter? Will one be available? Not sure how that works - don't want to use an outside vendor - we are camping at Fort Wilderness and don't have a safe place to store it.

Holly

It is first come, first served. If they have one, you will get it. There is just no guarantee that one will be available. They won't hold it for you.

They just added something to the park maps for guests with disabilities that said they will hold an ECV for you if you rented one, leave the park and return later the same day to that park.

I would make sure they know when you turn it in that you plan to return - not everyone turning one in plans to return.
Also, be prepared to use a wheelchair when you return if there is some glitch and they don't actually save it.
Except in very busy times, they are not likely to run out of wheelchairs, but often have rented out all ECVs by 10:30 or earlier.

SueM in MN said:
They just added something to the park maps for guests with disabilities that said they will hold an ECV for you if you rented one, leave the park and return later the same day to that park.

I would make sure they know when you turn it in that you plan to return - not everyone turning one in plans to return.
Also, be prepared to use a wheelchair when you return if there is some glitch and they don't actually save it.
Except in very busy times, they are not likely to run out of wheelchairs, but often have rented out all ECVs by 10:30 or earlier.

WOW!! That is Awesome!!
Disney finally did something Great!!!! LOL!!!
I think it really should've been this way all along or at least hold it for say 3 hours or so. What if you have a "medical issue" and MUST return to your resort to resolve it or what if you have an ADR at a resort instead of in the park?? At the price they charge, I really think it should be yours for the day unless you want to turn it in. Good Job Disney!!!

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

They have always held the scooter for me in the past when I have rented from Disney. If I left in the afternoon they would ask me if I was returning. I rarely was, but in the event that I planned to return they would leave my name tag on the scooter and plug it in for me - I would then re-claim it when I returned. I've done this a handful of times in the past 10 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter