Can we get our military tickets refunded?

I agree. It makes me think I should just start ordering tickets from our base ticket office and activate them when we arrive. Knowing we could potentially get a refund. This was our first time purchasing from Shades of Green. I’m curious if I’ll be able to maybe file a credit card dispute if we are unable to go on our trip?

it’s doubtful. You have tickets. They are valid. You choose not to go. That’s not any ticket sellers problem.

It’s not a matter of choosing to go. It’s a matter of there being a military wide travel ban restricting travel.

I stand corrected. However, it still doesn’t change the ticket sellers position. They sold you valid tickets, not a guarantee to be able to use them.

I agree. It makes me think I should just start ordering tickets from our base ticket office and activate them when we arrive. Knowing we could potentially get a refund. This was our first time purchasing from Shades of Green. I’m curious if I’ll be able to maybe file a credit card dispute if we are unable to go on our trip?
it’s doubtful. You have tickets. They are valid. You choose not to go. That’s not any ticket sellers problem.
agreed, doubtful
HOWEVER
It’s not a matter of choosing to go. It’s a matter of there being a military wide travel ban restricting travel.
as well as Disney isn’t allowing you to make reservations.
SoG requires you to put a valid travel date in the order form. If that travel date was canceled by Disney and now Disney is also not allowing new reservations to be made, you have 0 way to use the tickets.
I stand corrected. However, it still doesn’t change the ticket sellers position. They sold you valid tickets, not a guarantee to be able to use them.
SoG did originally sell a valid ticket but it is no longer valid for many people due to the above listed.
SoG did nothing wrong BUT the right thing to do would be go back to Disney and say they want to refund everyone who had valid purchase dates from closing to opening.
it is PR and good will vs SoG just being greedy and not wanting to refund. EVERY other place is offering refunds and SoG could too if they wanted, they are choosing to say F off instead

The more stories I hear about people being able to return their tickets to local bases makes me doubtful that SOG is in a different position. I don’t see why they can’t do what the local bases are doing. I hope their policy changes.

Hmmm....this got me to pondering. There is difference in the Salute tickets you buy at a local base and the ones you buy from SOG: the ones from SOG are already activated. While this has been a great perk, it could also be why they can't/won't refund them. Would there be any way for them to know if they had been used?

Hmmm....this got me to pondering. There is difference in the Salute tickets you buy at a local base and the ones you buy from SOG: the ones from SOG are already activated. While this has been a great perk, it could also be why they can't/won't refund them. Would there be any way for them to know if they had been used?
I’m not sure but you may well be right. I know that on the MDE app it shows all of my tickets as having 6 of 6 days available so it is most certainly possible to track that through Disney. In the early days of all of this I had heard from some that got refunds from the base that if you linked the ticket you could call Disney to have it unlinked and that was a requirement for a refund but I don’t know about now. From our experience SOG won’t even talk about a refund. We always used to buy tickets from our local base but this is the second time we’ve bought from SOG due to the convenience of having them activated since we are rope droppers. I won’t buy from them again. I may not even buy military tickets anymore at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter