can we do these tour sites from DL...

mrsswat

DIS Veteran
If our "home base" is DL, which of these can we get to easily from there?
LaBrea Tar Pits
Catalina Island
Hollywood et al (ElCapitan, Grauman, etc)
Huntington Beach
Palm Springs with the air tram

If these don't work, can you recommend sites that East Coasters can get to from DL? I have been reading this board periodically for a few weeks now, and am really trying to get to the nitty gritty planning for our trip next July. Thank you all so much fro the valuable information you have provided!

Will you have a car? Public transportation is seriously lacking in So Cal - so what can be accessed easily really depends on the answer to that. There is some minimal light rail (metrolink) service, and buses, but a car is the way to go.

Given you have one:
LaBrea Tar Pits - not too bad. With little traffic about 40 min away.
Catalina Island - Newport Beach (where most of the boats leave from ) is about 30 min away without traffic.
Hollywood et al (ElCapitan, Grauman, etc) - Similar to LaBrea - anywhere from 45 min to an hour. You should probably do in the same day as the Tar Pits. Also recommend Griffith Observatory when you're in the Grauman area - just up the hill & great views. You might consider a tour of Walt Disney Hall too.
Huntington Beach - ok, this I know for sure since I live there. I allow 30 - 35minutes to/from DL (not including getting into the parking lot/on the tram/into the gate - add 15 to 20 )
Palm Springs with the air tram - 2 hours probably. Not a big fan, not as sure ( I prefer the beach to the desert).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter