Can we chat rain?

... The market for men’s water proof shoes that are not boots is very limited.
Yes, choices seem to be limited to waterproof work shoes (like Johnston & Murphy), hiking shoes and boots (like LL Bean or Keen), sandals (Keen), or rubber boots (like Hunter). If the rain is steady, but not torrential, DH will go with his Keen shoes. If the rain is heavier, it's the rubber boots with the jeans/rain pants tucked in!

Yes, choices seem to be limited to waterproof work shoes (like Johnston & Murphy), hiking shoes and boots (like LL Bean or Keen), sandals (Keen), or rubber boots (like Hunter). If the rain is steady, but not torrential, DH will go with his Keen shoes. If the rain is heavier, it's the rubber boots with the jeans/rain pants tucked in!

My options are really limited as I need size 15. The shoes I got worked really well. The test will be tomorrow as they are expecting 1-2 inches of rain. Most of the work shoes/boots would be terrible to be walking around in for 12 hours in one day.

Ahh rain is predicted for every day of our upcoming 4-day trip. I'm trying not to bum out, we have rain gear packed and I've been strategizing for the weather. I'm focusing on the positives: at least some of my favorite rides are indoors!

My options are really limited as I need size 15. The shoes I got worked really well. The test will be tomorrow as they are expecting 1-2 inches of rain. Most of the work shoes/boots would be terrible to be walking around in for 12 hours in one day.
Yes, most regular rain boots aren't made for all day walking! DH puts orthotics/gel type insoles in his which really make a big difference.

Interesting. I launched the DL app a moment ago and was alerted that because of the weather (the rain, presumably), today’s park hours have been shortened. Also, wait times for all rides are relatively low. Checkout the pic (Peter Pan not shown but the wait time is a surprising mere 20 minutes).

71C84158-4C37-4DF8-BB2F-FFA6E76A44F0.jpeg

Interesting. I launched the DL app a moment ago and was alerted that because of the weather (the rain, presumably), today’s park hours have been shortened. Also, wait times for all rides are relatively low. Checkout the pic (Peter Pan not shown but the wait time is a surprising mere 20 minutes).

I'll be there tomorrow and also stalking the app - those wait times are exciting if we execute our rain strategy well! Our biggest variable will be the stroller.

I'll be there tomorrow and also stalking the app - those wait times are exciting if we execute our rain strategy well! Our biggest variable will be the stroller.
Can you bring tarps or big garbage bags for the stroller? I found my stroller got so wet, I wish I would have had bags to both cover the stroller and also for my son to sit on because the seat was soaked.

Rain shoe covers! We were there a few weeks ago in the rain and had dry feet the whole time. Looked like idiots but had dry feet. It was amazing to be able to wear my usual park shoes and be dry. People kept stopping us to ask where we got them and were bummed when we said Amazon. We ordered them the day before we left and had them delivered to our hotel. It was the best money we spent on the entire vacation.

I’m here today and everything is walk on at DCA!!!! Way better then Thursday when it was raining and everything got closed due to thunder. Even slow loaders like the carousel had only 5 min wait for swinging. Did GOTG 6-7 times in a row at open, all walk in without wait.

I think rain days during the week are busier since they are mostly out of towners still going while weekends are mostly locals who choose to pick a different time that out of towners can’t do.

I’m here today and everything is walk on at DCA!!!! Way better then Thursday when it was raining and everything got closed due to thunder. Even slow loaders like the carousel had only 5 min wait for swinging. Did GOTG 6-7 times in a row at open, all walk in without wait.

I think rain days during the week are busier since they are mostly out of towners still going while weekends are mostly locals who choose to pick a different time that out of towners can’t do.

We found that to be true - we were there on a weekday when it rained and it was still steady for crowds but we were there on a Friday night a few years ago when it was raining and we walked onto Space like several times in a row - the place was dead for a Friday night.

We are going to be in DCA all day tomorrow! We are praying that all the Rams fans stay home and the rain keeps people away!

Can you bring tarps or big garbage bags for the stroller? I found my stroller got so wet, I wish I would have had bags to both cover the stroller and also for my son to sit on because the seat was soaked.

I plan on bringing garbage bags for the stroller. I did request a rain cover for our stroller rental, but we are waitlisted (no surprise there). The kids will have rain boots, rain jackets and ponchos so hopefully that covers most of them and prevents the soggy bottom.

Rain shoe covers! We were there a few weeks ago in the rain and had dry feet the whole time. Looked like idiots but had dry feet. It was amazing to be able to wear my usual park shoes and be dry. People kept stopping us to ask where we got them and were bummed when we said Amazon. We ordered them the day before we left and had them delivered to our hotel. It was the best money we spent on the entire vacation.

Which brand did you purchase? I’ve been looking at rain boots but I like your idea better!

Which brand did you purchase? I’ve been looking at rain boots but I like your idea better!

I don't have enough posts to link. The title is:
Life-C Black Waterproof Snow Rain Shoes Covers Women Men XXL

They don't look quite as ridiculous IRL. I hid mine under my pants. When I was telling my husband that I looked stupid, he was like umm, people are walking around literally wearing garbage bags. True!

We scotch-gard our shoes and backpack before we go, with several coats. Helps to repel the water, from rain or water rides. Also, we take ziplocks with extra socks, just in case! Ziplocks come in handy for all sorts of uses. And I second bringing a swimmer’s towel, which is super absorbent and wrings out easily. Dry off the ride seat or bench, wring it out and back into a ziplock!

I don't have enough posts to link. The title is:
Life-C Black Waterproof Snow Rain Shoes Covers Women Men XXL

They don't look quite as ridiculous IRL. I hid mine under my pants. When I was telling my husband that I looked stupid, he was like umm, people are walking around literally wearing garbage bags. True!
Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/Life-C-Black-Waterproof-Shoes-Covers/dp/B07GDKWWMN/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1549215133&sr=8-1&keywords=Life-C+Black+Waterproof+Snow+Rain+Shoes+Covers+Women+Men+XXL&th=1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!