Can this be done on the dining plan?? Possible debate

MommyPoppins

<font color=green>Tangled with the TF in a moment
I don't really want a debate, I just know that people are more likely to click on a thread that is interesting. :thumbsup2 My question is this...

We are going in Sept. and my parents might come up for 3 days. Is it possible to share our dining plan credits with them? For instance, if we go to LTT and Teppanyaki, will we be able to use our dining plan credits for the whole bill? We were planning on sharing meals throughout our stay to save enough credits to share with them? Can you do that? I know last year people said that you could pay for whoever's food you wanted with the dining plan...but can you still? Is it allowed by Disney? TIA :)

In December we did this one night, at Kona Cafe. We "paid" for one of my friends meals with our credits. We were upfront about it and they were fine with it.

well, you are apying for the dinig and the CM's don't know if it was paid or free so to them, wether you use it on yourself or the 3 tables next to you all in one day shouldn't matter much. you still only get to eat so much. It's not like you get all you can eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and it's one price and you wanna let someone else eat off your plate.

Since you paid for the credits, one would assume that you can do what you want with them. The credits your guests will use up reflect additional out of pocket meals that you had to pay for.

Having said that, your dining card will reflect the amount of adults in your party on the dining plan. some CMs may refuse to allow you to purchase more TS meals than on the front of the card.

We did it last year with no problems and we had more adults at the meal than were listed on the card.

We did the same thing also at Ohana - paid for my parents who joined us for this meal using the plan. There were only 3 of us listed on the card, but I told our server to take off 5 credits for the meal. No problem at all!

We did it in September with no problem. Our cards said 4 adults, but we treated other family members who were not on the dining plan (4 extra). It makes no difference, because if you use up all of your TS credits on day 4 and you have 4 more days left in your trip, you'll still have to eat and pay OOP. We plan to do this on our April trip (paying for the DDP). We are there 12 nights, but my daugther and family arrive the last 6 nights. We plan to save some of our TS credits and treat them to a couple of nice meals. We plan to eat at some of our favorite places and pay OOP (the plaza, trails end, and 50 PT--we find paying OOP for these places is better than using TS credits). So Disney is getting my $911 for paying for the DDP, plus will get even more money because we still have to eat on other days. Since everyone's card said how many people are in the group, we just gave the CM 2 cards (our cards in September said 4) and it covered all 8. In April our cards will say (2), so I will treat my daugther and my husband will treat my SIL. We will pay OOP for the kids (who are not on the dining plan). We also tipped extra, because we paid OOP, using the DDE card, so there was a little more record keeping worked needed by the server.

There's nothing wrong with doing it and the only "debate" you'd get would be if you were using children's credits to pay for their meals. You won't get that debate from me, but you would from many of the Self-Appointed Disney Ethics Police.

I would say that they are yours however you wish to use them. I dont think WDW really cares if you use them all one day or over the course of your vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter