Can someone tell me about declining room service

We are used to using our family's timeshare when we do not want to stay on property. With timeshares, you do not get daily housekeeping unless you request and then you pay extra. Marriott has the same type of program asking ppl to not request housekeeping to save on water for the environment, but you do not get a gift card for refusing housekeeping.
It is true that washing towels for guests daily uses a LOT of water. We don't wash our bath towels daily at home. Judge us if you want, :duck:, but we see it that you come out of the shower clean and just use the towel to dry off not clean your dirty body. (Washcloths we do wash after use.)
I cannot speak to whether this is also Disney's way to cut housekeeping staff or help with deal with under staffed housekeeping. But they are helping the environment and giving you money instead of taking. :rotfl2::cool1:

I recently stayed at a Marriott that had a smartpad in the room. Each night, I could select to have room service the next day or not. If I selected "no", there was a $5 coupon to a hotel restaurant under my door by 6AM.

It was amazing, super convenient for me and a little incentive to "go green". Disney - hope you are reading this! Do it ;)

At least the last two years. It started after the Las Vegas incident, although some say that's not true.

It's to do with that to a degree. But more importantly it's a check for signs of human trafficking. ALL hotels can do it - they just are not always as transparent about saying they are doing room checks. Bottom line is it is their property and they have the right to enter any room at any time.

We often are there in the summer, so towels are a big deal. We are a family of 5, and do midday pool breaks which means an added afternoon shower to get the chlorine off. We have to reuse towels more than once just to get us through the day so I can’t imagine reusing towels all week.

Also we have a little one in diapers so not having the trash pail emptied would be a dealbreaker for sure!

We often are there in the summer, so towels are a big deal. We are a family of 5, and do midday pool breaks which means an added afternoon shower to get the chlorine off. We have to reuse towels more than once just to get us through the day so I can’t imagine reusing towels all week.

Also we have a little one in diapers so not having the trash pail emptied would be a dealbreaker for sure!
Just so you know, you can request additional towels at any time, by calling the front desk. You can also just grab what you need (towels, sheets, etc) from a maid cart. We usually just grab a bunch off the cart and store in our room. You would just place your dirty towels, outside your door in the morning, as you are leaving. The maid will pass by and just grab them.

If you have dirty\wet sheets you can get clean sheets. You would just make the bed! Dirty sheets, get placed outside same as towels.

You would also just empty the diaper pail, daily or as you see fit, placing it outside or in a trash can. Just request more trash bags.

Believe me, I know it's not for everybody, but no matter what you can get anything you need from coffee replenished to trash bags.

Just so you know, you can request additional towels at any time, by calling the front desk. You can also just grab what you need (towels, sheets, etc) from a maid cart. We usually just grab a bunch off the cart and store in our room. You would just place your dirty towels, outside your door in the morning, as you are leaving. The maid will pass by and just grab them.

If you have dirty\wet sheets you can get clean sheets. You would just make the bed! Dirty sheets, get placed outside same as towels.

You would also just empty the diaper pail, daily or as you see fit, placing it outside or in a trash can. Just request more trash bags.

Believe me, I know it's not for everybody, but no matter what you can get anything you need from coffee replenished to trash bags.
In no world could I get comfortable putting a pile of used towels or sheets in a corridor where others have to walk or putting a stinky diaper in a common-use trash can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!