Can someone help with trains to and from DLP - Paris and London

Safari23

Mouseketeer
I’m sorry if this had already been discussed. We’re coming from Canada the end of November. We’re flying in and out of London. We want to split our time between London, Paris and Disneyland. I’m trying to figure out the order. From what I understand there’s different train systems to DLP from Paris and from London. And between London and Paris.

Can someone link the websites to the train we’d take if we came to DLP straight from London or if we’re going from DLP to London. And also the one we’d take if we were coming from Paris to DLP or back to Paris.

Also, if you could, the train that goes between London and Paris. TIA.

There is only one train station at Disneyland Paris, called Marne-la-Vallée - Chessy. All the trains arrive and depart from here. It is located about 5 to 10 minutes walk from the parks entrance and Disney Village, depending on crowds and how fast you walk.

Start or Return to London

what you are looking for is called Eurostar https://www.eurostar.com/rw-en

This is the train system which goes through the channel tunnel between UK and France.

The train station in London which Eurostar uses is called Kings Cross St Pancreas International.

The Eurostar route from London to Disneyland Paris can be done two different ways. The first one is a direct service that takes you to Disneyland. This train route runs more commonly during school half-term and holiday seasons.

The more common route to Disneyland Paris is to take the Eurostar to Lille and change for a TGV train. The changeover time is typically around 90mins, and the high-speed TGV train itself to Disneyland Paris takes less than an hour.

Start or Return to Paris
To get from Disneyland to central Paris you need the local French RER train system. https://www.ratp.fr/en/titres-et-tarifs

You've been given some really good information above. Just to add to it - the direct train between London and Paris is also the Eurostar (again from St Pancras International).

Just to add that the Eurostar direct to DLP does run all through the year not just in school holidays etc but doesnt run every day of the week.There is also only one train a day in either direction. I think it arrives at DLP about 1pm and departs from there about 6pm

If you get the Eurostar to Paris it arrives at Gare de Nord train station where you can connect to the RER to get to DLP - there are quite a few trains run this route to Paris and the RER is almost continuous (you would just get a ticket to Paris and then buy a separate one for the RER when you are at the station as you cant book this in advance)

If you get the Eurostar to Lille and then change onto TGV as Tink mentioned you buy a ticket to DLP (Marne la Vallee) which is used for both trains

Can I ask another question? We’re thinking of maybe flying to CDG airport. How long is the train ride from there to Disneyland? Or more specifically one of the Vienna hotels, if that’s a bit further? That’s likely where we’ll stay.

And what are we looking at price wise for this ticket? I’m tryibg to use their site that was posted above. And it’s saying 2 hours. I’m confused. Sorry for all the questions.

OK one more. Sorry. If we decide to take the Eurostar from London. Is it better to take it to Lille and get off and take the TVG to Disneyland (time and cost wise) or to take the Eurostar all the way to Paris and then the RER to Disneyland? There doesn’t appear to be a direct one on the day we’re looking.

I’m super confused with all the different trains. We’re trying to figure out the best way to get to DLP from London. Time wise and cost wise. I have a discount on the Eurostar but not direct to Disneyland. Only to Lille or Paris. I do t believe there is a direct that day anyways. But my discount doesn’t apply to go to Disneyland.

there are 3 ways to get from CDG airport to Disneyland Paris. When you say Vienna hotels, Im assuming you mean one of the partner hotels.

1. Private car transfer
  2. Magic Shuttle bus
  3. TGV high speed train

Both the private car transfer and Magic Shuttle use the same route, which is approx 60 minute drive on a freeway / motorway.
Both of these options will bring you direct to your hotel. Magic Shuttle drops off at every onsite and partner hotel.

The TGV train is about 10 minutes travel time but
  • There is limited departure times from the airport which may not align well with your flight arrival time
  • Once you arrive at Disneyland you will have to take the free shuttle bus to the partner hotels

With Lille you have to pay attention to one thing when you have to change trains. Lille has two stations, both can serve TGV trains to Marne La Vallee, Lille Flandres and Lille d'Europe . Pay attention if your connecting train is leaving from the same station as your arrival station.

The stations are next to each other, 5 minute walk, but is this something you want to do with luggage?

Overall, I would recommend trains over flying between London and Disneyland - trains are better for the environment, less stressful, and door to door usually quicker. The Eurostar is a good, relaxing experience! If you were to fly you'd need to factor in time to get from central London to the airport, security, then your journey from CDG to Disneyland. I think flying would always take around 4-5 hours, all things considered
I've never done it via Lille but I've got the Eurostar then RER several times. The entire journey between London and Disneyland should take around 3.5 hours - bearing in mind that there's a one hour time difference between the countries.
The cost should certainly be lowest by doing it this way too - the TGV is fast but it is expensive, and as others have pointed out it is infrequent. The RER is 7 euros per person and runs pretty much constantly.

OK. We are planning a trip to Paris in November 2019. We are planning to spend a few days there, staying in one of the DLP hotels (haven't decided which) and visiting the parks. We also have tickets to a Concert at the la Seine Musicale on Saturday Nov 9th. So if I understand right, there is a Magical Express that will take us to/from the airport, and then there is a train that can take us into Paris? What are the hours for this train, does it run late at night to get us back to DLP? I am not sure what time the concert would be over, 11pm or midnight I guess? Possibly a little earlier.

The RER train which will take you into Central Paris runs more or less non stop til about midnight. The journey will take about 50 minutes.

There is a magical express from the airport but a word of warning it isnt like the magical express at WDW - its not operated by Disney and its not free

So if I understand right, there is a Magical Express that will take us to/from the airport,

the shuttle bus from CDG Airport is called Magic Shuttle https://magicalshuttle.co.uk/ It is an interdependent company which has the contract with Disney to be the official shuttle bus. I have used it multiple times with no issues.

They have a departure point at CDG Airport, in a corridor between Terminal 2E and 2F. You book online and get a confirmation email. You show this email either printed out or on your phone to the driver. It does not matter what time you book your departure from the airport, you just get on the next available bus.

It costs €23 per person per journey.
You put your own bags in the luggage storage area and take your own bags out of the storage area. There are no luggage porters either at the hotels or at the airport bus departure point and the drivers may or may not help you.

The seat pitch may be compact for American guests. European bus seats in general are more compact than what you may be used to in the buses at WDW.

The journey takes approx 60 minutes from the airport departure to Disney property. It may take up to a further 30 minutes to get to your hotel, as depending on the passengers, the bus will drop off at each of the Disney and Partner Hotels.

This is the drop of route

1. Newport Bay
  2. Sequoia Lodge
  3. Santa Fe
  4. Kyraid
  5. Magic Circus
  6. Dream Castle
  7. Explorers
  8. B and B Hotel
  9. Cheyenne
  10. New York
  11. Disneyland Hotel
On the return to CDG Airport, the route is reversed.
  1. Disneyland Hotel
  2. New York
  3. Cheyenne
  4. Kyraid
  5. Magic Circus
  6. Dream Castle
  7. Explorers
  8. B and B Hotel
  9. Santa Fe
  10. Sequoia Lodge
  11. New Port Bay

When calculating the time you need to get the bus back to the airport,
1. Check the pick up time for you hotel
2. Check the pick up time for Newport Bay
3. Calculate 60 minutes from the Newport Bay pickup time, this will be your approx arrival time at CDG Airport

The RER train which will take you into Central Paris runs more or less non stop til about midnight. The journey will take about 50 minutes.

Do you know how much it costs? I imagine there is a ticket booth or Kiosk where we would buy them?

They have a departure point at CDG Airport, in a corridor between Terminal 2E and 2F. You book online and get a confirmation email. You show this email either printed out or on your phone to the driver. It does not matter what time you book your departure from the airport, you just get on the next available bus.

It costs €23 per person per journey.

I assume I pay online when I book it?

Do you know how much it costs? I imagine there is a ticket booth or Kiosk where we would buy them?
I havent used the train in Paris but yes, there are ticket machines at every station. Just be aware though that ticket machines in Europe use a chip and pin bank card. You may need to check with your bank if you cards can be used in chip and pin machines

I assume I pay online when I book it?
Yes you pay online in advance. I have never had an issue with them

The RER is about 7.5eur from city to DLP and also 7.5 from airport to city. You can get single tickets from the machines which also accept Visa (also Mastercard i believe but I always use my visa)

Last edited:
I haven't used the train in Paris but yes, there are ticket machines at every station. Just be aware though that ticket machines in Europe use a chip and pin bank card. You may need to check with your bank if you cards can be used in chip and pin machines

Yes you pay online in advance. I have never had an issue with them

The RER is about 7.5eur from city to DLP and also 7.5 from airport to city. You can get single tickets from the machines which also accept Visa (also Mastercard i believe but I always her my visa)

Ok, this chip and pin bank card- is that the same as our Chip cards here in the US with the chip that you have to insert it into the slot instead of swiping?

I have a Mastercard that is also my Debit card from my Bank. It does have a Chip, is that going to work? I also have Visa, Discover and AmEx. They all have chips.

https://goo.gl/images/Dr6hyT

Ok, this chip and pin bank card- is that the same as our Chip cards here in the US with the chip that you have to insert it into the slot instead of swiping?

I have a Mastercard that is also my Debit card from my Bank. It does have a Chip, is that going to work? I also have Visa, Discover and AmEx. They all have chips.

https://goo.gl/images/Dr6hyT

It's inserting your card into the machine. And I'm sure at least your Visa card should work, Amex probably not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter