Can someone help me out with AP rates?

4fordisneyworld

DIS Veteran
I am trying to decide if we are going to purchase AP's for upcoming trip. We were thinking about going in October but I am seeing they have some AP rates through Sept 27th. I am hoping they are better than the general public discount being offered right now.

Thank you!

Amanda

I am trying to decide if we are going to purchase AP's for upcoming trip. We were thinking about going in October but I am seeing they have some AP rates through Sept 27th. I am hoping they are better than the general public discount being offered right now.

Thank you!

Amanda
The current promotion goes through Sept 27th. The promotions for Oct thru Dec will come out the first part of September.

Are there specific dates you are interested in now? I have a few minutes that I could check for you if you do.

Right now it doesn't look like AP rates are in the system for October

Last edited:
We had looked at October but when I realized they had the discounts through Sept 27th, I am looking at Sept 18th-Sept 26th. Thank you!

FYI, you can call and get and even book the AP rate at any time even if you do not have one yet. Just have to present valid AP by end of your stay to keep that rate.

Just not available online...gotta call.

FYI, you can call and get and even book the AP rate at any time even if you do not have one yet. Just have to present valid AP by end of your stay to keep that rate.

Just not available online...gotta call.
How does this work exactly? We will be going in December and i do not know if there are any AP discounts when we are going ( most likely a no). I plan on getting the AP on our last day. Do I just show them the AP at checkout?

How does this work exactly? We will be going in December and i do not know if there are any AP discounts when we are going ( most likely a no). I plan on getting the AP on our last day. Do I just show them the AP at checkout?

You have to have the AP upon check-in for AP rates. If you plan to get one your last day, you can't have AP rates for your hotel room.

You just need to call and talk to a human to inquire about AP rates. They can tell you the AP rates and even book the rate, but you do not need to have an AP in hand to do that. You just need to have an AP at you actual trip dates to keep that rate.

If you want to log in online and look and book, for that you need a account with a valid AP attached.

You have to have the AP upon check-in for AP rates. If you plan to get one your last day, you can't have AP rates for your hotel room.

Are you sure about that?...I always had the impression that you just needed to preset your valid AP before check out, not check in. That allowed you to book the room at the AP rate, check in, go get your AP from the ticket booth then present to Front Desk prior to check out to maintain that rate.

You just need to call and talk to a human to inquire about AP rates. They can tell you the AP rates and even book the rate, but you do not need to have an AP in hand to do that. You just need to have an AP at you actual trip dates to keep that rate.

If you want to log in online and look and book, for that you need a account with a valid AP attached.

Are you sure about that?...I always had the impression that you just needed to preset your valid AP before check out, not check in. That allowed you to book the room at the AP rate, check in, go get your AP from the ticket booth then present to Front Desk prior to check out to maintain that rate.

I for sure will not have the AP until our last day. We are going in December and doubt there will be any AP discounts for our dates. But it is good to know for future reference.

Just curious, unless it's for blockout reasons, why wait to get APs until the last day? You get merchandise and food discounts that could save you quite a bit of money during your trip.

Mike

Just curious, unless it's for blockout reasons, why wait to get APs until the last day? You get merchandise and food discounts that could save you quite a bit of money during your trip.

Mike
Block out reason. I am going Dec 21- 25. Blocked out to I think most passes except the most expensive. Which is not the one I will be getting. Undecided still.

Yes. I have stayed using an AP rate twice and I was required to show my AP upon check-in both times. The second time I made an AP reservation they actually required me to give my AP number over the phone.

We have been more times than you are old and it has always been at check-in, not out. They will put a hold on your card to cover the expenses besides the room, if staying at a Disney Hotel.

Jack

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter