Can someone help? Heathrow to St. Pancras?

Safari23

Mouseketeer
I hope this is ok to ask here and someone can help. We’re starting off in London for an upcoming Disney trip. We’ll need to get from Heathrow to the St. Pancras area. I know we can take the tube, and it’s cheap, but it seems like a slow way to get there? After such a long flight I’d prefer a quicker way. Can someone comment on how long it would take to get there by taxi or Uber? And how much each would approx cost? Trying to get an idea if it’s worth it to go that route.

Also from what I understand the tube/train only comes about every 20 min. And not from every terminal? I think we arrive in terminal 2. And can we buy an oyster pass right at the airport? We’ll need it later in the trip to use the tube to get around.

TiA

The tube does go from Terminal 2 and will take you directly to Kings Cross/St Pancras station with no changes. It will take about 50 minutes but the good news is that you should be guaranteed a seat as it starts Heathrow so wont be crowded when you get on.

http://www.tubeplanner.com/search/r...inals+1+2+3&to=King's+Cross+St.+Pancras&go=Go

Another option (but more expensive) is to get the Heathrow Express train from Heathrow to Paddington Station and then get the tube from there.

Sorry Ive no idea how much a taxi/Uber would cost but to be honest with traffic it may take you a similar amount of time to taking the tube

Thanks so much! What do you do with luggage on the tube? Is there a spot to put it, or you just keep it with you at your seat?

You need to keep you luggage with you. There are some seats which fold down near the doors where luggage can be placed but you do need to stay near it at all times

Another option (but more expensive) is to get the Heathrow Express train from Heathrow to Paddington Station and then get the tube from there.
You could also get the regular stopping Lizzy Line services to Paddington, even though it's a little bit longer than the Heathrow Express, then get the Tube to King's Cross St Pancras from Paddington.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts