Can points be moved form current year to borrowed?

dznyacct

DIS Veteran
I'll try to be brief, but it's not likely :rolleyes1. My son will be graduating this summer/early Fall with a PhD in Physics. He hinted (rather loudly :mic:) that a trip to WDW to celebrate his graduation would be great. I was extremely lucky and my waitlist for a standard view studio at PVB came through for the last week of October pixiedust:. Due to some other things, we likely will need to move the trip to November and possibly cancel it all together :mad:. A good friend of mine is arriving the Saturday after Thanksgiving for a week. Ideally I would like to arrive then as well for 4 or 5 nights. We own at BRV and SS. My plan is to book at SS on the 24th of this month and waitlist for PVB or BLT. My husband and I have a nine night stay at SS booked for a September trip with friends (which used all of our CY points). I am so anxious to book something for November, so I wondered if the following was possible....can I have MS change the points that were used for our September trip to borrowed points and then I could use the CY SS points to book November now rather than waiting a week and a half? I would know for sure if the November trip is a go before my banking window for SS. Thanks for any thoughts you may have :thanks:.

I'm lost, points need to be available of the dates of your reservation, not when you book it. You are talking about stays this calendar year, correct. What is your UY?

:earsboy: Bill

To try and summarize, could I call MS and ask them to change our September reservation to use points borrowed from our next UY (February). That would (maybe) take the CY points that were used for that September reservation available. I would then use those CY points to book a November stay. If we have to cancel, I could still bank those points to next year. Hope that helps.

Points need to be banked during the first 8 months of your UY. Your UY is not a calendar year. Points need to be available during the dates of your stay, not when you make the reservation. Banking moves points one UY forward, borrowing moves points one UY back. Banking and borrowing are final transactions and can not be reversed.

If you cancel the November reservation, those points can't be banked, you are more then 8 months from your Feb UY.

Points need to be banked during the first 8 months of your UY. Your UY is not a calendar year. Points need to be available during the dates of your stay, not when you make the reservation. Banking moves points one UY forward, borrowing moves points one UY back. Banking and borrowing are final transactions and can not be reversed.

If you cancel the November reservation, those points can't be banked, you are more then 8 months from your Feb UY.

Thank you for your reply. I would know by late summer (before my banking window) if the November trip would need to be cancelled.

I would call member services and ask them. Theoretically, you should be able to use your points as you wish as long as you don’t circumvent home resort booking priority. This request could be tricky, so I would explain as concisely and simply as possible to keep the mistakes the a minimum :)

I'm new to DVC, but I hear about point reallocations on here quite a bit. I think all you'd need to do is borrow your Feb 2019 points and call and ask MS to reallocate those points to your Sept res.

Honestly, I think you could just borrow the points and book your November stay and then call MS and have the points moved around.

I did just this thing last year.

DH and I were going to VB with friends in November.

I was going with my DN, her husband and my 2 DGNs in January.

I was going to have to borrow 2018 points to make this work. I was afraid my niece's family would flake on me, and I would be in a mess of trouble if I had borrowed those points.

Even if our friends decided not to go, DH and I would still go to VB.

I called MS and asked them to use current 2017 points for the January trip and to borrow for the November trip. They were able to do so without cancelling any reservation. It worked perfectly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!