Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Louis morrell, Oct 7, 2018.
I have one of every color so I can coordinate with my outfit that day lol. Don't bother buying any specialty ones, probably never will.
We buy Disney themed tattoos and decorate them before we go.
We stayed for 2 weeks over Xmas and Thru the marathon last year. I used the first gen bands and some new ones to wrap around my table top Xmas trees that I decorated for our rooms. Before I went home, I turned them all in at the front desk to “recycle.”
We had too many active MBs last trip and it caused the MBs we were using (the ones mailed to us for that trip) to not work. The front desk was able to fix it by deactivating old ones. I do that myself through MDE now and have not had that issue again. I think we had about 10 active ones each at the time it didn't work.
Yes. Yes you can.
We have them but haven't used them yet as don't like the tracking aspect
I read if the bands are no longer listed on your MDE account the batteries are dead. Just wondering if changing email address would have anything to do with them not being listed? I only want to use them for park entry and fast pass.
1. Not correct.
2. Could be, but that's a different kind of "glitch."
3. Old MBs will work for that, but they must be listed in your MDX account.
I'm returning to Disney in 2019 after a 10 yr break. Just hubby and I as kids are grown. Magic bands are new to me. I tried to read thru the tickets thread but it is long and daunting. We are renting points for our stay and I understand we will still be entitled to Magic Bands. Do they just get mailed randomly or do we get any options for colors? I see at disneystore.com I can buy some but want to hear more about the free ones before I purchase any.
If it is true that staying on "points" does offer free MagicBands...
Add your resort stay information to your MyDisneyExperience account.
(If you don't have one, just sign up HERE.)
You should then get an invitation (on that site) to "customize" your MagicBands.
You need to create an account on My Disney Experience and link your room reservation (using the reservation number). This should then give you the option to customize your magic bands.
When you purchase park tickets, you can also link these on your MDE account. You want to do this in advance so that you can make FastPass reservations (60 days before resort check-in).
You can also make dining reservations through this account (180 days before resort check-in).
I strongly recommend you only create one (1) MDE account using the name and email address of the planner in your family, and manage everything through that.
so can I deactivate to avoid these issues at home or thru IT at resort or IT on the phone? Seems on this thread some people are saying one thing, some another. I just want to do anything now before my trip coming up to avoid this issue of glitches. I had issues last time and didn't realize it was because of the bands. can i do this at home or not bother? can i call IT or you have to be at the resort?
1. There is no reason to assume that you had issues because of the bands.
2. But, if you DO want to eliminate any of your previous MBs, call WDW IT before your trip
and have them permanently remove them.
true, no idea if the glitches were caused by too many mb but i do seem to have a lot active. never noticed it before or considered it to be an issue. but sure, why not make a call (not a quick call!) to do that if I can to avoid waiting at gr or gs for a half an hr. thanks so much!
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how could you even ask such a thing?????????????
In all seriousness.................
1. They don't last forever. I always get new ones since I have no idea if an old one still works and the last thing I want to do is waste time getting a new one at the front desk.
2. Once we get all six colors of the rainbow, we display them together. Yeah... I'm serious lol
3. What you MIGHT want to do though is go in MDE and set all your old ones to "inactive". Last time I checked in at Disney the CM ha us go through the list and marked all the old ones as inactive because apparently we had so many it was "confusing the system" and "they had to account for any band we would use since they don't know which ones we have".
This thread just goes around, and around, and around...
(Just like a Magic Band!)
Separate names with a comma.