Can my husband crash our room for one night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violet Parr

DIS Veteran
We are a party of 4 visiting Disney for 5 or 6 nights in January. My husband will not be joining us. He will be flying out of Orlando the morning after we would be checking in. He'd only sleep in the room for 6 hours and will be gone for our whole trip.

He won't need park tickets, dining, fastpasses, etc.

VP

We are a party of 4 visiting Disney for 5 or 6 nights in January. My husband will not be joining us. He will be flying out of Orlando the morning after we would be checking in. He'd only sleep in the room for 6 hours and will be gone for our whole trip.

VP

As long as your room has an occupancy of 5 or more, no problem. Depending on the ages of everyone you might have to pay the extra adult fee for one night.

We haven't stayed there in years....remind me of how this works. How do I ensure that we have a room for 5?

VP

And do you have a package booked? Everyone in the room needs to have the same tickets, dining etc. So if he is added as a guest & you have a package, you will be charged for him for everything.

She runs that risk anyway unless she booked a Preferred View or 5th Sleeper room.

Right. But if you have 5 people on the reservation from the start, they will assign you in a room that can accommodate 5. If you have 4 people on the reservation, you may be assigned a room that can’t accommodate the 5th guest you show up with. Depending on what category room she has booked.

We haven't stayed there in years....remind me of how this works. How do I ensure that we have a room for 5?

VP

Make sure you book one of these below and you should have no problem. These became a bookable category (at a higher price) last year so the assignment issue is avoided. If you are 5 or need the bunk, you book it, you pay extra for it. Makes sense rather than have folks be upset on arrival hoping to, but not get them ... there are families of 4 where kids can't sleep together.

If room only you could book all five of you, then on arrival have him removed for the nights he's not there if there is an added adult charge. If you have a package, you can add him on arrival. Only issue will be if you are using ME he wouldn't be on the reservation.

Standard View - 5th Sleeper
or
Garden View - 5th Sleeper

Last edited:
It sounds like they will already be in Florida based on what OP mentioned. Disney permits you to have guests visit you at the hotel, they just are not supposed to use the pools there. I guess I would be curious about what Disney defines as a guest. If he truly is only going to be there for 6 hours, would he have to be added to the reservation? I mean, if we were there with say my parents and my parents came from another hotel (even off property) to join us for a meal or even babysit my children in the room while my husband were out really late for a date night----I wouldn't deem that as breaking the rules. Maybe I am completely off base. I would feel differently if the OP said that he was going to be there for a day or two.

It sounds like they will already be in Florida based on what OP mentioned. Disney permits you to have guests visit you at the hotel, they just are not supposed to use the pools there. I guess I would be curious about what Disney defines as a guest. If he truly is only going to be there for 6 hours, would he have to be added to the reservation? I mean, if we were there with say my parents and my parents came from another hotel (even off property) to join us for a meal or even babysit my children in the room while my husband were out really late for a date night----I wouldn't deem that as breaking the rules. Maybe I am completely off base. I would feel differently if the OP said that he was going to be there for a day or two.
A day guest doesn't sleep at the resort. That is a regular guest. A day guest would visit you in your room while you are awake or eat with you.

Creative thinking

You must list anyone that stays overnight (including infants and children), this is a federal law, as the fire Marshall must be able to know how many people to account for in an emergency.

VP
yes let him sleep...its 6 hours...non issue
Now, if he would go to the parks or need a Magic band...etc. Then yes, he needs to be assigned to a room legit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter