Can my 16 year old and her friend go to a TS meal without an adult and use the DDP?

mymainmouse

DIS Veteran
We are going to WDW in September and will be on the regular dining plan. We are taking our daughter(16 yrs old) and her best friend(17 yrs old) as well as our other daughter and her husband. My husband and I plus our daughter and her best friend are all on the same reservation. Our other daughter and son-in-law are on a seperate reservation. My question is can my 16 yr old and her friend go to a table service restaurant without me or my husband and have a meal and use a TS credit for it or does one of us have to be along? I'm thinking the younger people may want to hang out together without us a bit and go to dinner plus it's nice for hubby and I to have a date without the whole family just once while there. :thumbsup2
We have used the dining plan before and not had a problem splitting up for QS meals just wasn't sure about TS. Thanks for any input!

If at least one person in the room with the dining plan is at the meal, they can use credits for the meal.

That being said, if they don't have charging privileges back to the room bus magic band, they would need a gift card or cash or something for leaving a tip. (If they have charging privileges they can pay it on the magic band).

Yes. I always add my DGD so she has charging privileges and as was already pointed out, she needs the pin. She has never had any issues when she shopped.

I'm in a similar situation. I noticed that I could not make a TS reservation in my 16-year-old's name, the lead guest on the dining reservation must be 18+. When I called I was told that there must be at least one 18+ adult present for a TS reservation. Maybe I was given incorrect info? If she will be there with your other daughter and husband, then yes, no problem using the dining credits. But I'm not sure if 16 and 17 year old will be able to dine alone at TS.

Curious to this also. My DD17 and her friend also 17 are planning on going to dinner while my husband and I go to a separate dinner to celebrate our anniversary. I wasn’t thinking this would be an issue. Hoping someone who has done this will post.

I do not understand why you just dont make the ADR in your name and then let her go. ONce she gets there she can swipe her band to pay. SHe would need to use your name at checkin.

Yes I have made a reservation with my name since it's easier for me to control those for my husband and son. They just give the last name at check-in. It's really no big deal. Many restaurants can easily accomodate walk ups too. I know this board will make it sound like you need an ADR for everything but if it's not a biggie, there's no worries. We just left and never waited more than 15 min. as a walk up at Via Napoli (actually I showed up 2 hours early there and asked to switch and they said no problem), ESPN club, Chefs, Olivia's. Yes, if it's BOG, B&C , the Biggie's or maybe even Plaza you do, but I totally would just make the reservation and send them with their bands and tip.

I'm in a similar situation. I noticed that I could not make a TS reservation in my 16-year-old's name, the lead guest on the dining reservation must be 18+. When I called I was told that there must be at least one 18+ adult present for a TS reservation. Maybe I was given incorrect info? If she will be there with your other daughter and husband, then yes, no problem using the dining credits. But I'm not sure if 16 and 17 year old will be able to dine alone at TS.
There does not have to be an adult present. People on the boards have done this.

Yes you can do this. If she is going to use DDP to pay, she will need to know the PIN for your account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter