can it get any worse

Arran is a small island just off the west coast of Scotland. It is a very beautiful place with magnificent scenery and loads of things to see and do. It is known as Scotland in miniature because of the hills and rugged areas in the North ( akin to the Highlands) and the rolling hills and farmland in the South of the island. It has superb unspoilt beaches, lots of stone circles and ancient sites.
Wonderful place and I love it. :goodvibes

Huggles said:
I have spent more holidays than I care to remember on Arran and have gravitated from Brodick to the South End now. Just curious about the equipment as I think I may try Mrs Bilsland at the Red Cross about a raised, high back chair for my mum when we are there again this summer.

Hope you all enjoy many more great holidays there. It's wonderful when you find something 'just right'. It's like putting on comfy shoes.

Cheers! :thumbsup2

We are biased as my Dad is from Arran, born and raised and my Great, Great, Great Grandfathers potrait is up on the walls of Brodick Castle .

Ooooh. Are you from the landed gentry then? A Fford? We take a picture of the kids every year from the same spot in the grounds of Brodick castle. Time flies. looking forward to our hols there this summer. :yay:

Huggles said:
Ooooh. Are you from the landed gentry then? A Fford? We take a picture of the kids every year from the same spot in the grounds of Brodick castle. Time flies. looking forward to our hols there this summer. :yay:

I wish :rotfl: no he was the Piper to the Duke of Hamilton. Beside his potrait there is also his medals. It is on the wall at the top of the stairs before you go down to the kitchen bit. If you turn left towards Blackwaterfoot at the bend just past the museum a couple of hundred yards on the right there is a very very old small cemetry and that is where they are all buried from that era.

My dad is from Whiting Bay.

Amazing what you find out on the DIS boards! I'll have a squint at the wee cemetery next time I'm there. Hope you and yours enjoy many more good times in wonderful Arran. All the best :thumbsup2

think all your pixiedust: pixiedust: must be working :grouphug:

got the all clear today for Mum and Dad to travel with us. They will never be okay but consultants reckon the break will do them good. roll on July :wizard:

:grouphug: to everyone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter