Can I transfer points to another member......

canals68

Mouseketeer
....and have them make a reservation in my name at their home resort in the 11-month window? Say my home resort is BWV and I want a certain week @ their home resort, BLT. Can I transfer 300 points to them and have them make a reservation in my name? Would I lose ant DVC privileges?
Long time member but never used the transfer system.
Thanks for your help.
:thanks:

Have them transfer the BLT points to you and you make the reservation. On transfer in or out per year, points maintain their UY and home resort advantage, not allowed to pay for the transferred points.

:earsboy: Bill

As stated, it's the points that have the home resort priority, and not the owner.

If you transfer 300 BLT points into your account, those pts can be used to book BLT at 11 months out.

Your BWV points can only be used to book BWV at 11 months out, whether they are in your account or someone else's.

It's difficult to match up owners who want to trade exactly the same number of points for different resorts. It may be easier (if slightly more costly) to get a transfer of BLT points or rent a BLT stay from a broker or other DVC owner - and then rent your BWV points in order to pay for that BLT stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!