Can I take some of a gift card to combine?

ktrask

Mouseketeer
So I've been buying gift cards from Target to pay...horray for that saving tip.

My TA went to buy our park tickets, and it will only let her use 2 forms of payment. I had given her 4 cards to pay initially (3 $500 and the remaining card from our deposit)

Well....I combined 2 to max at the $1000, but I can't add the full additional $500 to the deposit gift card because after what we paid for deposit it would push it to over $1000.

Can I take some of the $500 gift card and combine it with the other one from our initial deposit? Or should I just get the balance in a new card to combine with the last $500?

Unfortunately, you can only add the full amount of the card when combining. However, unless something has changed, your TA (or you) should be able to use more than 2 cards as payment by calling Disney directly.

tell your travel agent to do partial payment. sometime disney is picky about how many cards they will take at a time.

do a partial payment today, call tomorrow and do another partial payment.

You can also have your TA split your tickets into more than one transaction. I believe the limit of 2 cards is per transaction.

I made a resort & dining plan reservation (no tickets) yesterday on the phone and was able to use a combination of 5 cards, 4 used up the whole amount and I still have a balance on the 5th card. It takes a little longer to do it via phone, but I got a GREAT CM on the phone who took care of it with no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!