Can I switch resorts if I check in less than a week?

jbethel77

Mouseketeer
We booked a last minute trip and of course today I’m seeing a resort available that’s much more desirable..
I know if I cancelled, my points would go into a holding account. But, what if I just switch resorts? It will cost me 3 extra points, so it’s not less points that will be left over.

Following for an answer also. I believe you’re fine to modify but don’t know that with any certainty. That was just my understanding of how waitlists work after the 30 day mark.

We booked a last minute trip and of course today I’m seeing a resort available that’s much more desirable..
I know if I cancelled, my points would go into a holding account. But, what if I just switch resorts? It will cost me 3 extra points, so it’s not less points that will be left over.

Certainly. Just use the modify function which will hold the reservation you have until you finalize the change. That way you won't end up without a room in case someone else also sees the availability and tries to book it too.

If the new reservation uses the same or more points than the old, you would not lose any points or need to worry about points going into holding status. Just use the modify feature (or call MS) to make the switch.

Sure. Just modify. I book last minute about 50% of the time. When we bought I never dreamed how many holding points I’d generate, but I’ve managed to use every last one of them so far 🤞🏻

Just did this last week. Our plans changed and we decided to go back to Disney from another Orlando resort we were doing for a special trip. Modified the night before and went from one night to two! Easy as pie!!

Yes you can, you will have the option to modify the reservation

Yes, this can absolutely be done...as long as the "new / other" resort is available you can switch the reservations to the new property. If the new reservations costs less than the original one booked, the left over points will go into "hold status" which means those left over points would have a 60 day booking window the next time you decide to use them.

I don’t own, but read these to educate myself if I do purchase and for renting points. And you need a PhD to figure all this out! 😂

I don’t own, but read these to educate myself if I do purchase and for renting points. And you need a PhD to figure all this out! 😂
Not at all. It is easy, use year is pretty much the only issue one has to figure out.

UY just means you don't use the regular calendar to figure out your stays. You create one of your own with your Happy New Year on the first day of your UY.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter