Can I split my reservation so I don't pay the peak price for entire stay?

yoko

Mouseketeer
Hi:

I originally booked FW full-hookup for Aug 4 - 10, but decided to get their early. I need additional three nights (Aug 2 - 4). I noticed that if I want to book these two days, DIsney will charge me for the peak price, even though the price goes down on Aug 3. Do they let me split the reservation into Aug 2-3 and Aug 3-4, and still let me keep the same site? For that matter, will they let me keep the same site for the remainer (Aug 4-10)?

Thanks in advance.

They try their best to link the reservations together. They can't guarantee anything at the reservation center though. The resorts don't see the upcoming reservations until 7 days out.

Hi Yoko,

We did something like this on our trip
in May of 2000. Our first day was the
Saturday of Memorial day weekend,
and the rates were higher then than
the rest of the week we were there.
We had two ressies for the time we
were there. The first was from Sat.
thru Monday and the second was from
Tues. thru checkout on Sunday. We had
a MKC discount on the first ressie and
and AP on the second.
If they will do it in this situation I would
think they would do it in yours. Just call
and give it a try.
Good luck.

I split mine. We will be arriving during xmas season and staying till 1/9- value season. CM said no problem she will make a note on our ressies but we might have to move mid vacation but probably not. The savings are worth the risk.

Thanks, guys. I will call them tomorrow and arrange the split. I feel a lot more confident now.

Hi, We did this last year. Booked high season for 3 nights then value for the remainder. We did have to send in 2 deposits and we had to check out and check in , We didn't have to move. It was a litle of a pain to re-check in, but worth the savings. If you get a cm who tells you you can't do it, hang up and call back. Good luck!
angela:)

Originally posted by ang38
If you get a cm who tells you you can't do it, hang up and call back.angela:)

I suggest rather than hanging up and calling back, ask to speak with a supervisor.

This is the only way the CMs will learn the rules. It's sad to think we have to teach them, but in many cases it's true.

We haven't done this at the campground but did do this at the WL in 2001. We arrived on the last day of a peak season rate, and the rates droped the next day to value. We made two reservations at the time. They indicated we would have to check in again the next day, which we did. We did not have to move.
When we made the reservation, they indicated we might have to, but we still felt it was worth it for what we were saving. Turned out we didn't have to move, just checked in twice. Did it early morning of the 2nd day and were off to the parks in no time. Was worth the slight inconvenience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter